2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not an opinion

Past behaviour is the best indicator for future behaviour.

He froze him out at 2 clubs, he's not going to play him here so the club and the player have no choice.

We are reportedly paying some of his wages for the remaider of the season do its costing the club to facilitate this.

Doesnt mean he is a good or bad player - it just means that it is Benitez driving this - if you dont/cant/wont see that then good luck to you.
The manager SHOULD be making these decisions, why wouldn’t he?

The fact he's gone to Qatar despite having so much quality says two things;

He's retiring early, not arsed about his career.
No proper clubs wanted him or could afford his wages.

Potentially a third.. wants to make sure hes used to their climate for if Colombia qualify for the world cup he can say hes ready.

Alternatively, this is the only option available to him as all other windows have closed - and he wants to play, yet has been told in no certain terms he won't play here.

If I took over as manager and had a primadonna who doesn't want to be here anyway and is acting bigger than the club I'd boot him out the door. It's called man management. That said I firmly believe he wanted out before Benitez took over and was engineering this behind the scenes leaving the club to bend over for him.

Guessing you don't like benitez either then.

He hasn't been free to go all summer though, the club needed him as poster boy for their Florida Cup and used him to make money. He has trained, made himself available, even on sat when he wasn't picked he was at Finch Farm training and going to support the kids teams. No idea what happened with other clubs in Europe but we know the climate isn't great in terms of finances and we don't know why moves didn't go ahead other than rumours.

No i don't like Benitez or football reasons and for his demeanour (he will get judged on what he does as Everton boss, like Carlo, like Roberto, like Marco it's been no secret James has been available. If we had got an offer before the florida cup he would have gone, or at least gone soon after it.

I agree he should have been on the bench if he wasn't on the move, I dont understand not having him as an option when we can't field a bench. But him moving to Qatar says all you need to know about his attitude, or ambition, not sure which is a better word. He isn't arsed, hasn't been arsed since he missed the last game of last season jetting off away.

It's not like its purely money either, a player going to UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia aren't going for footballing reasons though. If he just wanted to play he could have got mutal termination and joined someone in a much better league... HE could have gone back to Porto.

Alternatively, this is the only option available to him as all other windows have closed - and he wants to play, yet has been told in no certain terms he won't play here.

Could mutual termination and go play in a much better league - so not really buying that option. Could have joined Porto if he just 'wanted to play'. The way it was worded sounds like we are subsidising some wages (just from hat I have seen, not neccessarily true) so we could have done that for Porto.

Bottom line he wasn't interested in playing for Everton anyway, as much as I dont understand not involving him while hes here, im past caring.

He's wanted out since Ancelotti jumped ship (and clearly Ancelotti saw a summer of FFP hamstring and went no thanks)

If I took over as manager and had a primadonna who doesn't want to be here anyway and is acting bigger than the club I'd boot him out the door. It's called man management. That said I firmly believe he wanted out before Benitez took over and was engineering this behind the scenes leaving the club to bend over for him.
I wouldn't call that man management. Kicking him out isn't man managing him at all. It's a type of management yes, but man management would be to bring his ego into check and integrate him in to the squad successfully.

Tbf, that argument goes out the window when you realise that any serious club had all summer to buy him.

It's a strange one for sure but can see why a lot of clubs would swerve and why we're happy to get off the wage bill despite his ability.

Tbf, that argument goes out the window when you realise that any serious club had all summer to buy him.

It's a strange one for sure but can see why a lot of clubs would swerve and why we're happy to get off the wage bill despite his ability.
It's not exactly a strange tactic of people waiting to last minute and then things often falling through though.

We chased rondon all summer, only to sign him at the last minute when we could have got him in 2 months early and he might actually be fit now.

He's with the Angles now. :-(

View attachment 139753

At least he's in a safe place now where the ignorant Kopite Oaf can't lie about him and ruin his career any further.

Godspeed Sweet Hammy Rodz, we hardly knew ye,
x
Cupace20210922134719.png

Status
Not open for further replies.