2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love James and I am no disciple of Benitez, but, in this particular case, I think they both carry some blame. As much as we will be losing our most gifted player, the situation has now become untenable. I know he and Benitez have a bad history and I can understand why James does not want to play for him, but, he should be honest and say as much rather than playing the victim whilst disrespecting the club on social media.

Sorry James, it looks like you have burned your bridges now, I hope you get a Club because you won’t be selected by Benitez now and we can’t afford to pay you all that money to play video games and play the victim on line.

I love James and I am no disciple of Benitez, but, in this particular case, I think they both carry some blame. As much as we will be losing our most gifted player, the situation has now become untenable. I know he and Benitez have a bad history and I can understand why James does not want to play for him, but, he should be honest and say as much rather than playing the victim whilst disrespecting the club on social media.

Sorry James, it looks like you have burned your bridges now, I hope you get a Club because you won’t be selected by Benitez now and we can’t afford to pay you all that money to play video games and play the victim on line.

Rafael is clearly in the right. The second Carlo left James couldn't care less about the club and has been doing everything he can to force a move.

What must the other players think when they see his disgraceful antics? He is acting like a child.

Get him gone as soon as possible.

Seemingly taken less than 24 hours for JR to come across as a divisive personality if his comments are accurate.
WTF do you expect when he has been distanced from the club and the squad. I don't know the context of this or even what was said, but the club are at least as much to blame in this. He uses twitter. He doesn't know who we're playing. Why should he if he hasn't been near the place.

I've been one of his strongest advocates and wanted him to stay, but this is just shameless and uncalled for from James.

Show a little bit of professionalism and know our next opponent - what if the squad is hit by a covid outbreak and James is one of the few "fit" (using the term loosely) players, who need to play?! I thought he was training and preparing hard to be ready whereever he is?! Doesn't seem that way.

I've been frustrated at the things both him and Benitez were saying (or not saying), but there's absolutley no need for this latest example of blatant disregard & disrespect for his current employer.

Benitez definitely has his share of the blame in all of this, by ostracizing James, but James should show he's better than that and stop disrespecting Everton with his twitch ramblings.

This isn't even a up yours to Benitez - it's an up yours to the club and it's fans, and there's just no need for it.

Tara James, we hardly knew ye...

He’s the hero we deserve, but not the one we need right now.

I suspect we’ll play better and more dynamic football without him. That’s not meant as a criticism, just a team balance thing.

Need to free up his wages now, nothing will be done imminently but I hope they are getting closer to finding a taker for him, and more importantly putting the savings to use.

Already done. His number has already been given to an academy player apparently. Disgusting treatment given he's still here
1629444228012.png

Any actual footage of him saying mean things about the club or are we just going off "The Toffee Blues"?

Also we have a member of our coaching staff who allegedly (big word there) did similar in his playing days...

Fair play to him.

He couldn't care less and doesn't care who knows.

Honest to god, if it was literally ANY OTHER PLAYER over the past 20 years the pitchforks would be out.

Because it's a fading international superstar, still very good but definitely living off past glories you have people defending him.

No wonder many call us a small club.
We are called a "small club" because we have been utter rubbish and have not won nothing for 30 years.

It's OK though, it will just mean that he becomes our manager in a few years time.

Status
Not open for further replies.