2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can all speculate. It's impossible to know full story. The reality is if this lad can get fit he is an addition to the squad. One cannot compared being able to bring on Rodriguez and bringing on Anthony Gordon when trying to influence a match even if his work rate is not 100%. Results business says its Rodriguez every time so hopefully he gets fit, in some frame of mind and gets on bench next weekend. Gordon will be able for likes of QPR.

If we assume the story coming out in which James appears to have told Benitez that he wasn’t fit enough to play has some truth in it, then it’s completely understandable that he wasn’t on the bench.
It’s pretty obvious that he has no heart and cannot be bothered to put himself on the line. Even his own national team aren’t bothering with him.
When God finishes saving you he needs to turn his attention to our club, because it’s being dragged down by successions of over paid pansies who can’t be bothered to wear the shirt or fight for it.
Colombia coach pre - called James for the next qualys in october, he was told to get as Many minutes as he can so he could be used vs Brazil/Uruguay/ecuador.

SO the teory about James.telling Benítez about a problem seems crap to me , Benítez contradicts himself , on wednesday : "he trains normally" , then on Matchday when ASk about absentees he said nothing about James ...

Finally after he Got wtfpwned by villa then he "miraculously" remebeed : "he had a concern about his msucle and WE decided he wasnt available".. he is straight up liying . Get into court with a story patern like that Will get You dismissed quickly about your sayings.

Some Ppl here chooses to deny the mountain of hints about the RB-james case. He (Benítez) should just speak it out loud , plain and straight : "stop asking for Him , as long as AM here he won't play" thats a Lot more valuable than making up excuses about fitness (wich we're proven total BS as we Saw with rondón levels of fitness and Simms with 1 week of training post injury) or phantom injuries.

All that matters is finishing position

Coming 1st on 84 points trumps finishing 2nd on 87 points

Arguing otherwise is just strange - mum we won the points tally award!!
Which is why a certain posters claim Martinez's 72 points is a better season than Moyes finishing 4th is daft. Points don't matter. The Premier League doesn't give out prize money for points, they give it out for where you finish. I don't care 59 points would get you 6th most years, we finished 10th last year.

Maybe he is one of those players who just does not want to play unless 100% fit. I recall Sturridge used to take that route

Colombia coach pre - called James for the next qualys in october, he was told to get as Many minutes as he can so he could be used vs Brazil/Uruguay/ecuador.

SO the teory about James.telling Benítez about a problem seems crap to me , Benítez contradicts himself , on wednesday : "he trains normally" , then on Matchday when ASk about absentees he said nothing about James ...

Finally after he Got wtfpwned by villa then he "miraculously" remebeed : "he had a concern about his msucle and WE decided he wasnt available".. he is straight up liying . Get into court with a story patern like that Will get You dismissed quickly about your sayings.

Some Ppl here chooses to deny the mountain of hints about the RB-james case. He (Benítez) should just speak it out loud , plain and straight : "stop asking for Him , as long as AM here he won't play" thats a Lot more valuable than making up excuses about fitness (wich we're proven total BS as we Saw with rondón levels of fitness and Simms with 1 week of training post injury) or phantom injuries.
James did exactly the same last season under CA . James routinely went missing for weeks on end.

My Palace supporting mate made an interesting point on this. Of his considerable wages, how much is dependent on him playing?

If, as I would expect, a big chunk of his salary is performance related bonus, this may explain why he isn’t featuring as much.

Maybe he is one of those players who just does not want to play unless 100% fit. I recall Sturridge used to take that route
"James Rodriguez felt fatigued after the Sheffield United game and so it was decided not to risk him tonight"
Carlo Ancelotti
"For this game, he was a little bit concerned about his muscle, he was having a little problem and we decided we have to wait, so he was not available."
Benitez

My Palace supporting mate made an interesting point on this. Of his considerable wages, how much is dependent on him playing?

If, as I would expect, a big chunk of his salary is performance related bonus, this may explain why he isn’t featuring as much.
Haha there is no way he’s on a pay as you play contract.

I'm sitting on the fence with the Benitez appointment... but if he's keeping this fella out of the squad for purely personal reasons...(Which I'm beginning to believe he is) then I'll fall of it.
And if it isn't personal reasons he needs to tell us the reason why.
Having an under strength bench is unforgivable.

Status
Not open for further replies.