James Rodriguez

Kev: James! Good to hear from you, congratulations on a superb Copa America, you were truly THE stand out player!! Really appreciate you taking the time for this call. Let’s get straight down to it, Okay…I’m not going to dress this up, the reality is that financially….due to the global... and erm other unforeseen circumstances, well…basically Everton aren’t quite where we should be…But! We are working towards a much brighter future!! …Long term.
Numbers? …Numbers you say!? Ah well, yes, ok…let’s not beat around the bush…..How does 80k a week sound? I mean, I appreciate this is a lot less than your previous contract. But!!.. but.. This will be a very special farewell season at Goodison, in front of proper fans who know you, love you, appreciate you. Well..most of them. Anyway. What do you think? James?.. I mean, fair enough you could go down the Saudi Pro league route and get 5 times that, but seriously! Would that really make you happy?! James? Seriously James?….hello…hello James!!? …….Oh.
I think the phone went down when you suggested £80k a week!

The bloke didn’t even know we were playing when he was streaming at his. Never really fit. Huge wages.

Gone and played in Greece, Brazil etc since & people want him back in the Premier League? Our fanbase are unhinged
I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting that we try to bring him back. We're just remembering what a fabulous, entertaining player he was.

Who can forget that passage of play with his assist to Richarlison who finished it at Anfield. Absolutely sublime.

I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting that we try to bring him back. We're just remembering what a fabulous, entertaining player he was.

Who can forget that passage of play with his assist to Richarlison who finished it at Anfield. Absolutely sublime.
Proper footballer, always remember when he popped up in his first world cup, and thought if only... The other one is Busquets, get it done Kevin.

We aren't bringing him back. Lots of reasons why. He won't fit in Dyche's style of play. He doesn't offer anything defensively. His wages are massive. He doesn't like the cold weather. We already have several number 10's, if Deli stays.

He is a fantastic talent, but he would struggle, in a lower half Premier League team.

Yet, some would say, with him in the team, Everton have a slightly better chance of winning a game of football.

I’m 60:40 in favour of him NOT coming. So with lots of ifs… IF (and its a big if) he actually wanted to come back, and IF, he really wanted to play hard for the team and IF it was for the right deal, then what an option he would be, to come off the bench!

There are 100% Evertonians out there who’d want him back.

His few moments of quality were unreal to be fair. Such a shame we had him so briefly and in lockdown. But yeah, it’s not happening and we may just crack on with Doucoure 😂

Just remembered that a lad gave him a bottle of Echo Falls outside The Royal Oak. 😄

No wonder he left!
IMG_9474.jpeg

He isn't going to come but now isn't the time to bring him back. The time for him to play for us was when Benitez got rid of him. We'd have been significantly stronger with him in the side even if he'd have only managed 10-15 games a season.

Incredible player on the ball.

There are 100% Evertonians out there who’d want him back.
Me for one. 20 games a season with him would be worth it if wages were £100k or less -£5m a year .

Would give a massive lift to the fans and the players.

Is it going to happen, of course not.

The best player to player to play for the club since the good times.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.