James Rodriguez

I read a piece after the Copa where Luis Diaz said James has been his hero for a long time and it was a dream to actually play with him. To think, Everton had a deal agreed with Sporting to sign Diaz with James going to them, but James didn't go because they wouldn't pay him enough.
Everton, tha'.

Was a massive fan of him when he was here even on his wages. To me it made much more sense to offload others (Delph, Tosun etc) on decent money to compensate.

But there’s absolute no way we should be signing him now.

For the first time in absolute years we have a good structure off the ball that wins the ball high up the pitch and is hard to get through.

Why ruin that?

I read a piece after the Copa where Luis Diaz said James has been his hero for a long time and it was a dream to actually play with him. To think, Everton had a deal agreed with Sporting to sign Diaz with James going to them, but James didn't go because they wouldn't pay him enough.
I’d take that deal with a pinch of salt. We let James go for free in the same transfer window, Diaz joined that lot for 50 mil the window after, so if we were to believe that deal was in place we are effectively saying we were about to swap a player we were letting go for free for a 50 million pound asset,

I'm pretty sure this was debunked and it was actually Rafael who put the brakes on the deal

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.