Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s free is he?

So long as we don’t get porked on the signing on fee and wages then this might be a smart move

Very much the sort of signing Moyes would make and those players usually ended up doing well
We should go back to the Moyes type transfer strategy. That’s why signing Colwill isn’t a bad idea at all. Johnson too.

Tha fact he played for a relegated team is no issue whatsoever. He's the type of leader on the field we're lacking and he'd be 1 of the 1st names on the team sheet every week. Good signing in my opinion

Players that have valuations in excess of £10 million are able to DEMAND much higher wages than what they are worth, simply because the lack of a transfer fee saves the club a fortune. The new club is getting a 15 million pound asset for free, so if they want it, they're gona have to pay the increased wages.

Alternatively, we can always go and spend 15 million on someone else and then pay them 60k a week instead. Or worse, spend 25 million and then offer them 100k a week, which is what we have been doing with Schneiderlin and Gomes et al.

Or we could look beyond the English league with a proper scouting system in order to find value for money rather than just signing the first out of contract player with premier league experience we can find?

If we swap him and Keane its not bad as he's a more confident aggressive version of Keane. He was horrid get at goodison this season so cud deffo get behind that. Worry hes a low block defender and frank doesn't want to play that going forward

If we could get him in on the same wages as Yerry Mina and sell Mina, I’d be happy with that.

This guy could do the same job as Mina and maintain it for 30 games a season too

Or we could look beyond the English league with a proper scouting system in order to find value for money rather than just signing the first out of contract player with premier league experience we can find?

He's not just any old out of contract player though. He's a player that has a circa 20 million pound valuation that is available on a free. If there's better value for money than that outside the English league, then we should by all means make use of it. It will be a hard find, though.

. He's a player that has a circa 20 million pound valuation
If you want to sign a player that has a 15 million pound valuation

Hes gonna be Mbappe money soon.

And yes, I know what circa means, it just amused me.
xD

19m

Status
Not open for further replies.