Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on what?

Burnley are one of the least courageous footballing sides in the entire world. Why does Tarkwoski just get the benefit of the doubt on it?
Based on watching both players over a decent spell. If you’re talking about courage in terms of possession etc then that’s another conversation that i suspect we’d probably agree a lot on. My point was more on an individual folding under pressure, being willing to clatter a forward. Go on where it hurts. Old fashioned defensive attributes if you will. Tarkowski is levels above the rather lily livered Keane in all those aspects for me

Based on watching both players over a decent spell. If you’re talking about courage in terms of possession etc then that’s another conversation that i suspect we’d probably agree a lot on. My point was more on an individual folding under pressure, being willing to clatter a forward. Go on where it hurts. Old fashioned defensive attributes if you will. Tarkowski is levels above the rather lily livered Keane in all those aspects for me
The issue I have with it is I don't think anyone questioned those things when Keane was leaving Burnley. And Keane for me is still pretty darn good when we have no ambition and just ask him to blast clearances for 90 minutes.

The issue I have with it is I don't think anyone questioned those things when Keane was leaving Burnley. And Keane for me is still pretty darn good when we have no ambition and just ask him to blast clearances for 90 minutes.
Fair enough, i personally don’t think Keane is much good even with a basic setup, apart from wearing clogs made of cast iron, he loses concentration and heart at the first sign of a setback. All opinions i guess

Embarrassing that we can’t push a free transfer over the line. If the player has doubts sod him and tell him the deals off. We don’t have time for this crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.