2022/23 James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I said nothing cost us but he basically played traffic cop at Villa so that wasn't great.

I think we're doing the Godfrey a bit again though. We like the person so we're ignoring the faults in the player. I have no issue with that. Everyone should enjoy the players they like.

Actually I said nothing cost us but he basically played traffic cop at Villa so that wasn't great.

I think we're doing the Godfrey a bit again though. We like the person so we're ignoring the faults in the player. I have no issue with that. Everyone should enjoy the players they like.
Maybe you missed the bit where I said he wasnt Nesta.

I dont think anybody is claiming hes totally perfect, but hes playing very well.

I just thought you would have the grace to hold your hands up and admit you called it wrong.

I honestly don't think he's been all that good still it's why I don't participate in this thread

W_F.gif

Maybe you missed the bit where I said he wasnt Nesta.

I dont think anybody is claiming hes totally perfect, but hes playing very well.

I just thought you would have the grace to hold your hands up and admit you called it wrong.
He's not been actively harmful which is great. Do I feel good about where we are having two 29 yead old CBs who will both be 30 by season's end while we're barely over a point a match? Nope still not my favorite.

So I was wrong to think he'd be poor for us but my concerns about the intelligence of the team building strategy still remain. As do my questions about how this is going to work if we ever try to be competitive against better teams and away from home.

He's not been actively harmful which is great. Do I feel good about where we are having two 29 yead old CBs who will both be 30 by season's end while we're barely over a point a match? Nope still not my favorite.

So I was wrong to think he'd be poor for us but my concerns about the intelligence of the team building strategy still remain. As do my questions about how this is going to work if we ever try to be competitive against better teams and away from home.
Agreed, their ages mean we only have 4 years to replace them, how will we cope.

Agreed, their ages mean we only have 4 years to replace them, how will we cope.
There is a real problem when you have to constantly replace players and can't add other players on top of them.

I'm going to choose to believe the strategy is going to switch more to targets like Patterson, Onana and McNeil (even if that isn't maybe the exact player I'd have chosen) and that the Maupay, Gana, Coady, Tarkowski stuff was all emergency measures because I want to believe we maybe get it now. But it is very easy to view it the other way.

There is a real problem when you have to constantly replace players and can't add other players on top of them.

I'm going to choose to believe the strategy is going to switch more to targets like Patterson, Onana and McNeil (even if that isn't maybe the exact player I'd have chosen) and that the Maupay, Gana, Coady, Tarkowski stuff was all emergency measures because I want to believe we maybe get it now. But it is very easy to view it the other way.
Maupay is 26 years old.

Im out.

Given where our central defence was last season, Tarkowski and Coady are like night and day. The difference is massive.

They are also a huge influence on the dressing room. You can see they are leaders.

For the money we had available and the amount of business we had to do, they really were remarkable pieces of business.

They provide a tremendous stable platform to build the team off. Great players so far.

Delighted.

Status
Not open for further replies.