2022/23 James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

He is the biggest threat we've had from a centre back in the opposition box for years on crosses. Not necessarily for scoring but for winning the first header and allowing other players to score. Makes such a difference having a threat back again on corners.

Been excellent all season for the situation we have been in. Comfortably a top half centre back.

He is the biggest threat we've had from a centre back in the opposition box for years on crosses. Not necessarily for scoring but for winning the first header and allowing other players to score. Makes such a difference having a threat back again on corners.

Been excellent all season for the situation we have been in. Comfortably a top half centre back.
It's because he's so strong. There was some video of him lifting in preseason and he uses that upper body strength to hold the opposition off and win the header.

Limited technically for sure but more than makes up for it with, er, everything else lol

A threat on corners too, forgot what that's been honestly.

Have they?
City?
Liverpool?
Arsenal invincibles?
United mid 00s?
Peps barca?

Even Moyes' Everton didnt have a slow brute guy who makes far to many fouls and cant pass a ball

Off the top of my head...Skrtel, Puyol, Terry, Vidic, Otamendi could all be considered as 'physical' compared with their defensive partners.

If Branthwaite comes back then a partnership of experience and youth could be very interesting. His development could continue.

I'd say Mina is a better player but given we can actually field this fella for more than 10 minutes then you have to say he is our best defender. Nothing special, mind, very reliable and looks a threat every time it goes into that far post.

Was worried when he went down first half, looked in pain. Carried on dominating like nothing happened.

Everyone talking about Keane carrying on and scoring a worldy after a horrible tackle and rightly so, but worth noting Tarks and Keane are both the type that will always give their all and play through the pain and I will always respect that.

Status
Not open for further replies.