2023/24 James Tarkowski

Couple of wobbles but generally a rock again. Some great passing too.

He is never going to be a Roy Keane style captain, but he’s adapting. Love the way he questions and criticises refereeing decisions with a big beaming smile and looking all handsome to circumvent the yellow card rule. Bless him.

Looked like a decent signing, has turned into a truly fantastic signing given what we needed and what we could afford.

Looks to be ideal for Branthwaite.

There is something about a big reliable CB as your skipper, I think it was McGeeghan who talked about the oppo skipper having to look up at yours during kick off etc being a little victory. Was when he selected Marting Johnson to skipper the Lions at around aged 22.

Wasn't surprised to see Dyche remove the armband from Pickford, I think keepers are always a bit hindered as a captain.

….clearly trying to isolate him with a defender when we have free kicks around the opposition box. Noticed yesterday we played a few short passes before launching it towards him.
Yeah I thought that, good reactive coaching. I think Dyche (or whoever) we have realised that teams have watched tape of us trying to take adavantage of even deep set pieces sending the big boys up, the oppo drag everyone back to defend it and allowed us to play it short and change the angle, distance or timing.