2023/24 James Tarkowski

Breaking down the goal you can argue it is Tarks fault the line is being held so deep in the first place.

Pickford could have corrected that error & pushed them out or taken control once the situation developed. He did neither.

Tarks positioning when the cross then comes in means he’s taken himself out of the game. Patterson relatively blameless for me.

I like Tarks but it wasn’t a good second half performance.

Breaking down the goal you can argue it is Tarks fault the line is being held so deep in the first place.

Pickford could have corrected that error & pushed them out or taken control once the situation developed. He did neither.

Tarks positioning when the cross then comes in means he’s taken himself out of the game. Patterson relatively blameless for me.

Watched the low lights earlier, multiple errors in all honesty.
Young and Dobbin allow the cross pretty much unchallenged.
Tarks loses his man.
Pickford coulda / shoulda claimed / punched it out.
Last but not least and imho least culpable was maybe Paterson could have done better.

Mad shouts about him, one of the only consistent players we have in the team and he was free.
Screenshot_20230827_205932_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
Screenshot_20230827_205946_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Personally i think you can call it collective blame. Wolves player had an age to line up the cross. Young should have stopped the cross. Tarkowski could have been more aware of the 6ft5 striker behind him. And(my main gripe) pickford should have come for it. The odds on pickford saving that from point blank is very slim. Come out and claim it. Even taking everyone in front of you out if you have to.
Collectively a poor goal from a few.

Oh come on. Look where Pickford is in the first picture. Then look where he is in the second picture. Exactly the same place. He should have got to that ball 20 yards before the striker and could even have dove on it very safely, never mind booted it.

Tarks missed a sitter and got himself stranded for the goal, one of his worst performances in an Everton shirt no doubt. But he’s about 10th down the list of players that have underperformed in the last 12 months. Not to say he’s amazing at all, but has plenty of credit in the bank for me, babysitting Keane is no mean feat.

Van d!ck cost £75m and he got caught napping today and sent off. Defenders make errors every week. Expensive defenders some. You know the difference though. Why not many people will be talking about van d!ck tonight. The players up the pitch bailed him out.
I dont think tarkowski costs us goals galore like keane. And he has no luxury of those up the pitch taking away an errors like many defenders do at other clubs.
He's ok. And i hope him and branthwaite can play together for a bit as anything waiting to come in scares the sh!t out of me more