2023/24 James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easily my favorite Everton player. Puts his body on the line, watched over Branthwaite and isn't afraid to get stuck in or stand up for his teammates. Great captain and love watching him play.

Remember his first game against arsenal in pre season game in america. Cant remember who a few arsenal players went for. But tarkowski was having none of it and got into them. I loved that.

Remember his first game against arsenal in pre season game in america. Cant remember who a few arsenal players went for. But tarkowski was having none of it and got into them. I loved that.

He's always first on the scene at any handbags any where on the pitch with that snide grin on his face, daring anyone to have a go

Absolutely love it

When we signed him I thought 3 years was too long a contract offer for a player of his age. What an absolutely misguided notion that was. He has been a pure gold signing.
Branthwaite got the player of the season award and I don’t begrudge him that but I have to say he couldn’t have had a better centre back partner than James Tarkowski to guide him through his first premier league season, he will have learned plenty from that partnership and will be very lucky if he finds another one like him throughout the rest of his career and that includes playing with England.

Really bad that he hasn't had a look in the England squad. I don't know what more he can do, he had a cracking season and I personally rate him higher than Dunk or Maguire. I don't agree with picking players because they played well for England but very ordinary during the latest season. Southgate has his faves,( I'd even argue that Grealish shouldn't be there)

Really bad that he hasn't had a look in the England squad. I don't know what more he can do, he had a cracking season and I personally rate him higher than Dunk or Maguire. I don't agree with picking players because they played well for England but very ordinary during the latest season. Southgate has his faves,( I'd even argue that Grealish shouldn't be there)
Grealish isn't.

Absolute top tier fella and for me possibly our greatest premier league era CB.

Every one clambering to the JB thread, and rightly so he’s been brilliant and will go onto bigger things.

However I think it’s only fair to acknowledge how undervalued Tarks has been, in large a part of JB can be attributed to Tarks, there’s no doubt in my mind that Branthwaite has improved under his tutelage.

Tarks is the hero here, whoever comes in and is next to him next season, will also be improved immeasurably by him.

Every one clambering to the JB thread, and rightly so he’s been brilliant and will go onto bigger things.

However I think it’s only fair to acknowledge how undervalued Tarks has been, in large a part of JB can be attributed to Tarks, there’s no doubt in my mind that Branthwaite has improved under his tutelage.

Tarks is the hero here, whoever comes in and is next to him next season, will also be improved immeasurably by him.

What a tough job he'll have next season, whoever comes in we'll need Tarkowski to step up even more than he did last season (I'm not even sure that's possible)

Keane too, even Hogate & Godfrey ? 🤔

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back