January 2015 transfer window ( No GIFs allowed )(Nor fish puns ffs)

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 28206
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of these is apparently not good enough, and in any case is gone in May. Another may not fit in the XI. That leaves two for the XI, each of whom has a questionable injury history/age. Can't see how this side is filled up with wide players, to be honest.

This seems most likely, unfortunately. I've still got my fingers crossed for Schurrle.

Unless Naismith moves wide or up top or to another club, can't see him bringing anyone in to play #10, especially given that he likes to use Osman and Eto'o in that position when needed.

It's difficult to assess at the moment where the most important person regarding this stands on the matter. Martinez appears unhappy with the winger situation if you consider he's been playing Naismith and Barkley out there lately. But that could have more to do with the fact that we've suffered injuries in that department. Pienaar and Mirallas have both been sidelined for a good few weeks; McGeady with a virus for a game.

TBH, I think he has the dilemma of having three wingers who favour the same side of the pitch, and the one who doesn't (Atsu) hasn't convinced him he can start a game. IMO though, I do think he'll persevere until the summer. Any funds for fees/loans will go elsewhere.

I can't help but feel we wouldn't even get one of them for £8m but my Spanish footy knowledge isn't as good as it once was.
Samu Castillejo has a get out clause of just £2m, malaga are trying to get him to sign a new contract as we speak, but atm he's avail for that little!
Camacho is just £6.5m which is such a bargain, recently made his Spain debut too

I've been a big Tim Howard fan down the years but after watching him yesterday on the first goal go down in instalments to a weakly hit shot and then palm it straight to the only Spurs player nearby I am beginning to question his long-term presence in the team. Across Europe there must be a whole clutch of top-class young goalies ready to be the next lot of superstars, the rest is down to our scouts to identify them. Quickly.

I've been a big Tim Howard fan down the years but after watching him yesterday on the first goal go down in instalments to a weakly hit shot and then palm it straight to the only Spurs player nearby I am beginning to question his long-term presence in the team. Across Europe there must be a whole clutch of top-class young goalies ready to be the next lot of superstars, the rest is down to our scouts to identify them. Quickly.
Muslera from Galatasaray would be my choice, only 22 or 23 I believe. Would be a big figure though I'm sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back