January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Steve Walsh have a short list of six strikers that Koeman rejected as Giroud was coming in, given that Walsh is still our director of football? And Koeman has now gone won't Walsh push these players again, whoever they are?

William Jose and Zapata from Juventus?, weren't these guys mentioned and linked

..plenty of links with strikers this summer but i’m not aware of Koeman rejecting them. I thought his no1 target was Giroud and by the time that had run it’s course there was either no money left or nobody else available he wanted.

Can't see Fat Sam bringing this guy in, plus do you think he would be trusted with that sort of money required to sign him, 50 million?

It depends, whoever we hire I think will need to follow a 'business plan' and having seen the disaster of Koemans signings I think that Walsh will be the main catalyst of signings in Jan (well I hope so).

Personally I feel Sessegnon for big money and his brother Stephen would be perfect for us. That way Baines can gradually lose his place at the end of the season.

As for Allardyce himself, I actually don't mind him and think hes had Bolton massively outperforming all the way through to saving rubbish teams from relegation.

Id prefer unsworth but with Allardyce I can see us having a really good team as long as he's told to bring through young players...

Allardyce plays % game to win...

..plenty of links with strikers this summer but i’m not aware of Koeman rejecting them. I thought his no1 target was Giroud and by the time that had run it’s course there was either no money left or nobody else available he wanted.

I think Walsh had a few players lined up for each position and then Koeman approved or rejected each one....then in the end after we couldn't get Giroud I think Koeman threw his toys out of the plan and tried for Costa.

giphy.gif

I think Walsh had a few players lined up for each position and then Koeman approved or rejected each one....then in the end after we couldn't get Giroud I think Koeman threw his toys out of the plan and tried for Costa.

..I don’t know the process, Zat. The fact that Koeman was sacked and Walsh remained indicates he was most culpable for the failings in the eyes of Moshiri but I wouldn’t be surprised if Walsh is in last chance saloon.

Be interesting if the new manager signs up to the relationship.

..I don’t know the process, Zat. The fact that Koeman was sacked and Walsh remained indicates he was most culpable for the failings in the eyes of Moshiri but I wouldn’t be surprised if Walsh is in last chance saloon.

Be interesting if the new manager signs up to the relationship.

Interestingly a few dodgy rumours suggested that the only half interesting manager we are vaguely linked to, Tuchel, suggested he wasn't keen on the Director of Football thing.

Interestingly a few dodgy rumours suggested that the only half interesting manager we are vaguely linked to, Tuchel, suggested he wasn't keen on the Director of Football thing.

...yep, it will be interesting if Moshiri’s no1 target doesn’t want a DoF. Sky are saying talks have been held with Allardyce but they understand he’s not the main target.

The plot thickens.

It depends, whoever we hire I think will need to follow a 'business plan' and having seen the disaster of Koemans signings I think that Walsh will be the main catalyst of signings in Jan (well I hope so).

Personally I feel Sessegnon for big money and his brother Stephen would be perfect for us. That way Baines can gradually lose his place at the end of the season.

As for Allardyce himself, I actually don't mind him and think hes had Bolton massively outperforming all the way through to saving rubbish teams from relegation.

Id prefer unsworth but with Allardyce I can see us having a really good team as long as he's told to bring through young players...

Allardyce plays % game to win...

1) Allardyce dosent play to win
2) Name 1 young player, just 1, that Allardyce has decided to bring through ahead of a seasoned professional
3) Adding Sessegnon to athe already long list of Holgate, Kenny, Davies, Baningimie, Lookman & Calvert Lewin is abit to much dependant on youth.
A 23-25 year old would probably be the best option

1) Allardyce dosent play to win
2) Name 1 young player, just 1, that Allardyce has decided to bring through ahead of a seasoned professional
3) Adding Sessegnon to athe already long list of Holgate, Kenny, Davies, Baningimie, Lookman & Calvert Lewin is abit to much dependant on youth.
A 23-25 year old would probably be the best option

1 - That's not always a bad thing. My main number 1 worry about Unsworth is that (so far) he doesn't seem to care about how the opposition set up. Very gungho attitude when perhaps a mix of both is what we require.
2 - Ivan Campo
3 -Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back