January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walcott and Shaw can do one. Neither of them are good enough.

Gameiro is an interesting suggestion. Price would be a factor.

Blind is a yes. Classic utility player who can function effectively in more than one position, one of which is where we have a current urgent need (LB).
I was expecting Koeman to go for Blind last summer. Dutch managers usually bring in at least half a dozen of their mates within the first year, and as you say, he's exactly what Everton need.

Allardyce has never really had a budget tbh but when he's bought players he's bought very effectively. He will first solidify the backline which is clearly the number one priority but then he does like to play with a bit of flair in the final third. The guy had Okocha as his captain ffs of course he will use a bit of flair!

It depends, whoever we hire I think will need to follow a 'business plan' and having seen the disaster of Koemans signings I think that Walsh will be the main catalyst of signings in Jan (well I hope so).

Personally I feel Sessegnon for big money and his brother Stephen would be perfect for us. That way Baines can gradually lose his place at the end of the season.

As for Allardyce himself, I actually don't mind him and think hes had Bolton massively outperforming all the way through to saving rubbish teams from relegation.

Id prefer unsworth but with Allardyce I can see us having a really good team as long as he's told to bring through young players...

Allardyce plays % game to win...
Can't believe I'm reading this from you Zat.

Interestingly a few dodgy rumours suggested that the only half interesting manager we are vaguely linked to, Tuchel, suggested he wasn't keen on the Director of Football thing.
Two birds, one stone. Bring in a top manager and get rid of somebody who apparently believes Allardyce would be good for our club;)

giphy.gif

What a tackle that is, watched it about 15 times here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back