Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks mate you’ve replied after i’d posted . Garbutt started 3 league games for us , 1 league cup and 4 European games and less again as a sub. That’s all since 2011 so I genuinely don’t think he’s had the time to impress , I certainly can’t remember anything dramatic in his appearances.
What was strange though was Kkeman outed Oviedo, Moro got injured (who i Believe can cover LB) then got Martina in who isn't really a LB but, but he did have Galloway (who's out on loan now) and Garbutt who could cover LB. Martina has just about held his own there lately, but I would think any of them other two could easily done as well.

Makes Ian Dowie look handsome
domagoj_vida79-160617.jpg

I'd trade

But top English talent is expensive and players like Patrick Roberts Etc are snapped up for home grown quota. Also English players seem to not fulfill their potential more than most... maybe it's the money maybe it's the ego Etc ... Wilshire , Walcott , ox the list goes on. We need to gain a reputation for giving young players the platform to prove themselves in this league and profit from it. Then when we have enough funds and we have a group of 4-5 players that are of a top standard or close to it... we need to invest and keep the players we have and have a proper go at the teams at the top

DCL 1.5mil
Lookman 7.5mil rising to 11mil

etc etc

Vlasic was 10mil. This Ezri Konsa chap from Charlton wont be too steep.

The ones who are already at the top clubs will be expensive...they may be the ones not to progress as they wont have game time.

Its fine margins, we went for Galloway but could have got Alli...look at reece oxford, hes got 3 appearances on loan at gladbach. We could havr got cook but Bournemouth snapped him up.

Its not going to only be about the best youngsters but moulding a squad, style of play and then sprinkling the foreign talent on top

DCL 1.5mil
Lookman 7.5mil rising to 11mil

etc etc

Vlasic was 10mil. This Ezri Konsa chap from Charlton wont be too steep.

The ones who are already at the top clubs will be expensive...they may be the ones not to progress as they wont have game time.

Its fine margins, we went for Galloway but could have got Alli...look at reece oxford, hes got 3 appearances on loan at gladbach. We could havr got cook but Bournemouth snapped him up.

Its not going to only be about the best youngsters but moulding a squad, style of play and then sprinkling the foreign talent on top

Sadly the majority of young players are a waste of money, you only have to look at all the wasted talent over the years to determine that. 1 in 20 makes it.

Sadly the majority of young players are a waste of money, you only have to look at all the wasted talent over the years to determine that. 1 in 20 makes it.

which why DCL's criticism makes me laugh, he may be far from perfect...but he has already been well worth the outlay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back