Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plenty of good players are available for fair prices in January. Despite this weird media narrative of it being hard to buy in January, some of the biggest bargains are found in that window.

In a World Cup year, I think this is especially true. There must be plenty of players in similar situations to an Olivier Giroud or a Kevin Mirallas, who are on the fringe of selection for their international team who has qualified for the World Cup, but frustrated in not getting enough game time for their clubs.

Walcott 19 goals last year and rarely started

5 goals and 4 assists in 12 competitions this year

FFS ?! seriously why all the hesitancy ?

This kid can produce when he plays
Gets goals

It’s January.

He would bring pace & experience. We would need a hell of a run of luck to get top 7 at this point

It’s not like a swarm of goal scoring experienced veterans with pace are beating down our door at the moment.

I’m new here so maybe I don’t see the big picture but from where I’m sitting we be lucky to snag a player like Walcott at this point in the season

Last edited:

Walcott is on 140 a week reportedly. I think he's a pretty classy player, like his pace, and think he can score goals. But he'll turn 29 in march and not sure we are getting much for him in a couple years. Loan? Sure.

He could be a very nice tandem with Coleman or Kenny. He's a bit more of an inside player that could free up the outside for our RB.

Walcott 19 goals last year and rarely started

5 goals and 4 assists in 12 competitions this year

FFS ?! seriously why all the hesitancy ?

This kid can produce when he plays
Gets goals

It’s January.

He would bring pace & experience. We would need a hell of a run of luck to get top 7 at this point

It’s not like a swarm of goal scoring experienced veterans with pace are beating down our door at the moment.

I’m new here so maybe I don’t see the big picture but from where I’m sitting we be lucky to snag a player like Walcott at this point in the season

It's cos he's English. People like to dismiss English signings to look knowledgeable. And as a bonus get to look superior to the jingoistic ingurlunders of their imagination.

Edit - His injury record is a massive concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back