Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, wasn't sure where to post this but here seems as good a place as any...

So...

Lads/Ladies - being the #FABRIC that we are would it be possible that some of you good & kindly blues could have a read of the attached link.
I've been friends with Ethan''s Dad since we were kids, we're now...well...we're now middle-aged... Ethan's Dad's a ST holder, travels home & away, good times/bad times, Mike Walker times, all that - and they're a wonderful & loving little family who, together, must now face this...

And, tragically, heartbreakingly...there is only one outcome.

It is almost beyond comprehension in its cruelty.

I know it's Christmas and people get hit from every angle financially but if you could, even just a little, then it'll all help as time passes.

Even a share via your own FB/Twitter accounts would be hugely appreciated.

Thank you, fellow Blues, have a good Christmas....and if you've got kids then give 'em an extra tight cuddle tonight...just because the thought of NOT being able to at some point is an awful thing to contemplate.

#ONWARD #UTFT

https://www.gofundme.com/ethan-masonget-healthy-again-fund

Big fan of Walcott, but probably a little to injury prone for my liking

this is what i feel ... then i think tbf, arsenal have loads of players who are constantly injured so maybe it's just their club. You're looking at koscielny, wilshere, ramsey and walcott, all constantly injured for the same club.

So...

Lads/Ladies - being the #FABRIC that we are would it be possible that some of you good & kindly blues could have a read of the attached link.
I've been friends with Ethan''s Dad since we were kids, we're now...well...we're now middle-aged... Ethan's Dad's a ST holder, travels home & away, good times/bad times, Mike Walker times, all that - and they're a wonderful & loving little family who, together, must now face this...

I know it's Christmas and people get hit from every angle financially but if you could, even just a little, then it'll all help as time passes.

Thank you, fellow Blues, have a good Christmas....and if you've got kids then give 'em an extra tight cuddle tonight...just because the thought of NOT being able to at some point is an awful thing to contemplate.

#ONWARD #UTFT

Hello mate.

I'm sure the mods wouldn't mind something like this having its own thread in the Ale House so it gets more attentuon.

@roydo @Groucho

So...

#ONWARD #UTFT

Hello mate.

I'm sure the mods wouldn't mind something like this having its own thread in the Ale House so it gets more attentuon.

@roydo @Groucho
Yeah it’ll get more attention that way. I’m sure @GrandOldTeam will be fine with this particular one.

What’s all these Benteke shouts ?

His been ruined by the red shower anyhow and never the player he was at Villa
I think most of it is he has history with BFS and seems to fit the mold of what they may be looking for. I don't know that anyone is actually advocating for him as much as saying it would not be a surprise if he is what we ended up with.

One just hopes we are already negotiating with clubs for our primary targets for LB and Striker, whomever they may be.*

*obviously we will first sign another midfielder

I think most of it is he has history with BFS and seems to fit the mold of what they may be looking for. I don't know that anyone is actually advocating for him as much as saying it would not be a surprise if he is what we ended up with.

One just hopes we are already negotiating with clubs for our primary targets for LB and Striker, whomever they may be.*

*obviously we will first sign another midfielder
Once they are over 6 ft , really really fast , no I mean super fast and they can kick the round Bally thing into the Big Netty thing at least once every game I’ll be happy

Plenty of good players are available for fair prices in January. Despite this weird media narrative of it being hard to buy in January, some of the biggest bargains are found in that window.
I agree, loads of good players you can buy in Jan. Just not those positions

No team in their right mind would sell us their first choice centre back/forward in January tho so they'd either be crap, out of favour, a nobhead or they're rinsing us

Linked to n'zonzi again today.

Would love this to happen. After we sort out a left back, striker and centre back.

Yes I understand, that we won't do all this. I'm an Everton fan, transfer windows are hard work.

Linked to n'zonzi again today.

Would love this to happen. After we sort out a left back, striker and centre back.

Yes I understand, that we won't do all this. I'm an Everton fan, transfer windows are hard work.

I'm all for signing players that aren't 29 years old, but this one is the exception assuming it pushes Morgan out. We just look awful defending set pieces and he would help tremendously. He's also just much better than Morgan, actually covers ground and wins balls. If Sam is going to insist on playing two DMs, at least he and Gana would cover a ton of ground. Morgan has some skill, but he's a statue compared to N'Zonzi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back