Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was a cheat a diver a trouble maker and scored a good blasted goal. Probably never be as good as Baines isn't even
at present. I remember the RS signing Moreno and him scoring a blaster against Spurs, I think? He has proved since that he is a good
reserve. Remember Jorden Ibe coming on as sub and hitting the Everton post after 10 seconds with a blast, he immediately became
an amazing player as said by the commentator, and over-night became the 3rd best footballer in the World behind Messi & Ronaldo,
I think he was a sub last Saturday for Bournemouth.
Bit early to be boozing, eh?

He didn't dive once or cause trouble. Rather composed. It's just one game, but based on that performance, he'd be an instant upgrade over what we've got at LB now. But again, it's one game.

..linked with Tomkins from Palace this morning. A bit underwhelming is that one given he’s not a regular for them.
And every article says they want 20M for him. Apparently 20M is the new number that everyone who isn't great is valued at.

Dembele linked again today, too. So much upside and talent, but when we've already got a young striker with talent, might want to look elsewhere. I'm sure we'll get linked to whoever else today again, too. Like Cenk Tosun, who apparent some journo thinks someone is paying 40M. He might be slower than Ashley Williams.

We need a finished article striker. Leave the potential talent to DCL and Sandro.

Ive said it a few times, Vincent Aboubakar.

Apparently, SA is a fan but I also read somewhere recently that a move to swansea nearly happened last year and he claimed he wants to play in England. He checks all the boxes for us and I only hope something materializes.

I like Dembele on paper for sure however I agree DCL and Sandro here already does not really make a lot of sense.

Giroud would be my first choice of experience coming for a couple of seasons to give us stability to the striker position.

Aboubakar or a Zapata are just more of a polished product than DCL or sandro imo. Sandro I dont know whats going on there.

I could be wrong.

Its going to be a long road to breaking into that top 4, more than some are willing to admit im afraid. Im excited at some of the moves we have made but its only going to work if we have some consistency with our management position. Multiple appointments in such short time is not helping the cause.

FFS we do need Pace....you can't teach speed. Its not complicated.

Apparently, SA is a fan but I also read somewhere recently that a move to swansea nearly happened last year and he claimed he wants to play in England. He checks all the boxes for us and I only hope something materializes.

I like Dembele on paper for sure however I agree DCL and Sandro here already does not really make a lot of sense.

Giroud would be my first choice of experience coming for a couple of seasons to give us stability to the striker position.

Aboubakar or a Zapata are just more of a polished product than DCL or sandro imo. Sandro I dont know whats going on there.

I could be wrong.

Its going to be a long road to breaking into that top 4, more than some are willing to admit im afraid. Im excited at some of the moves we have made but its only going to work if we have some consistency with our management position. Multiple appointments in such short time is not helping the cause.

Marega is better than Aboubakar

I could be wrong.

2 to 4 seasons IMO, not counting this.

Marega is better than Aboubakar
You are on crack. There aren't even in the same league. Marega can barely move side to side - he honestly has minimal lateral movement and runs only in a straight line. Seriously, Big Vic is playing in China, why not bring him back? He's the same player, basically. He can score two against Pacos de Ferreira and Vitoria de Sebutal, too.

Aboubakar isn't tall (about 6 feet maybe), but he's super strong, can hold the ball up very well, can pass, can shoot, has great movement, and seems like an intelligent player. He's a true CF. Granted, that's based on me watching him a few gams in the UCL, but he was pretty darn impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back