Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barkley had a worse one, Coleman has had a comparable one, when i've seen him play this season he looks approaching back to his best tbf as well.
Huh?

When has Coleman played?

Everyone said Barkley was fearless before and less so now.

But ok. I agree some players may come back but if he can't get it together for Utd why would he do it for us?

Brilliant player before but that risk factor definitely should factor into the deal. I would prefer someone else assuming they are available.

Huh?

When has Coleman played?

Everyone said Barkley was fearless before and less so now.

But ok. I agree some players may come back but if he can't get it together for Utd why would he do it for us?

Brilliant player before but that risk factor definitely should factor into the deal. I would prefer someone else assuming they are available.

The list of players who haven't got it together for Mourinho is a long list and i wouldn't draw a major conclusion about him being deemed surplus by him.

Yeah - perfect scenario we get some amazing young fullback in who hasn't got any past issues, but we'd be competing for those against maybe 4 of the top 6 - Shaw is probably the only one we could get in who would have that potential to become a absolute top level player - so i guess it's what risk is best, a p-layer with the obvious ability but a bad injury and out of favour with a manager - but who is still only 23, or a gamble on a young player who still hasn't shown he can step up to the next level.

shaw is nowhere near good enough for us, i've never understood the hype. I hate this "if you can get him fit" excuse, it's not going to happen. It hasn't happened to players like wilshere and mccarthy, so you have to consider that into the equation. If you buy a player like that, the best you can hope to get out of them is 15 games a season, so you plan for that.

Can you guys not just watch replays of matches? In the states for example, I can just go back and watch a couple CL matches and check the players out. Granted, I'd have to be a bit bored, but just curious if you all don't have that ability.

shaw is nowhere near good enough for us, i've never understood the hype. I hate this "if you can get him fit" excuse, it's not going to happen. It hasn't happened to players like wilshere and mccarthy, so you have to consider that into the equation. If you buy a player like that, the best you can hope to get out of them is 15 games a season, so you plan for that.

Wouldn't put him in the same category as those chronic injury prone players mate, he had a massive injury and since then 'i think' he has had a mild/moderate groin tear/strain and 2 foot surgeries on damaged ligaments.

the ones i worry about are the repetitive muscle injuries or the hammies, as both of those effectively never leave a player once they have 2-3 of them in a row.

so far he has been available for selection every game for United this season btw

I reckon he’s utterly dire. His attitude STINKS and he’s a fat wap.

Merry Christmas Ste

Merry Christmas to you too mate :)

I honestly don't know about his attitude really - Mourinho has always seemed to target 1-2 players at each club to make an example of IMO - Shaw and Mikki seem his targets at United, yes he is a chunky sausage :), but disagree on his ability, think he is one of the best left backs in the country if he finds the right manager/fit, still only 22 as well like

and mate, we are playing Southamptons third choice right back as our left back atm, and sadly he is actually not a downgrade on the way baines has looked recently.

Wouldn't put him in the same category as those chronic injury prone players mate, he had a massive injury and since then 'i think' he has had a mild/moderate groin tear/strain and 2 foot surgeries on damaged ligaments.

the ones i worry about are the repetitive muscle injuries or the hammies, as both of those effectively never leave a player once they have 2-3 of them in a row.

so far he has been available for selection every game for United this season btw

He's 22-23 isn't he? and averaging under 13 games a season, that to me is injury prone on the same level as the others i mentioned, doesn't matter what injuries.

He's been available and and still not been picked,united don't even have a recognised left back except him! Never mind the 0 goals and 3 assists in his whole career.

Its hard to get injured without playing

Although in fairness our players still manage it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back