Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can't really afford to get another transfer window wrong.

With probably the worst striker force I've ever seen for Everton hopefully this can be fixed and fast.

This is true but for some odd reason people are disapointted that Sam is going out and blitzing teams left right and center

Need about 5 or 6 quality players in reality, in reality though we won't get close to that in, can't afford them, can't attract them either.

Returning injured players won't help much either, Bolasie and Mori for example where not good enough for anything above the level we where already at when they arrived. And I doubt a serious knee injury to both has improved them as players.

We have a squad full of either fading players who where once good enough for a top team (Rooney, Baines, Jagielka) a collection of 'best' players from crap teams, who we've bought expecting them to move that form to a new side, (Williams, Pickford, Keane, Sigurdsson, Bolasie, Sandro, Gueye) whilst ignoring systems and what made them stand out in those sides.
Or simply bought young kids and thrown them into a mess of a side.

The list of players we have bought from decent/good sides, who performed well for those sides, and who the selling club wanted to keep reads as follows - (nobody)

That's the reality of our pulling power, ambition, and recruitment teams ability.

Need about 5 or 6 quality players in reality, in reality though we won't get close to that in, can't afford them, can't attract them either.

Returning injured players won't help much either, Bolasie and Mori for example where not good enough for anything above the level we where already at when they arrived. And I doubt a serious knee injury to both has improved them as players.

We have a squad full of either fading players who where once good enough for a top team (Rooney, Baines, Jagielka) a collection of 'best' players from crap teams, who we've bought expecting them to move that form to a new side, (Williams, Pickford, Keane, Sigurdsson, Bolasie, Sandro, Gueye) whilst ignoring systems and what made them stand out in those sides.

The list of players we have bought from decent/good sides, who performed well for those sides, and who the selling club wanted to keep reads as follows - (nobody)

That's the reality of our pulling power, ambition, and recruitment teams ability.

I will make one exception there - Pickford.

We can't really afford to get another transfer window wrong.

With probably the worst striker force I've ever seen for Everton hopefully this can be fixed and fast.

We will get it wrong if we give Sam carte blanche to spend.

As boring as it’ll make January and it’ll also ensure we have a turgid last 5 months he shouldn’t be given a penny to spend.

Put the money safely under lock and key for the new man to spend in the summer.

I wouldn’t go be Sam a penny, just do the job you’ve been asked to do and go out separate ways.

Cheers mate, Mines a Bleach and Coke.

Reaaaallllly hope we sign a LB Jan 1st at one minute after midnight. Can't stand seeing Martina there.
We are defending the best we have for years, but have no idea how to attack offencivly and your asking for another defender?. The way I see it ATM is the defence is fine for the rest of the season, what we need desperately now is attacking players otherwise we are in for plenty of bore draws for the next half season.

Buying in lots more players is scary. We need a left back & a striker. That is all for now. The disruption that the last window caused was painful. This season isn't a write off but a European shot is unlikely now.
We need to slim down the midfield so those players left can actually start to build a system together. Use the rest of the season to solidify a core & a way of playing that means we see what the last 3rd of the pitch looks like as a team rather than hoof.
Then in the summer we lose Jags & Ashley & replace.
We have fallen a bit. We can't afford to lose another £150 million plus wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back