Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We actually need a midfield playmaker which is crazy considering the amount we have
I think if Sigurdsson and Rooney were in CM with Gueye behind them we’d be fine. Lennon and Bolasie out wide and Niasse up front. That would give us pace out wide, players that can find the net, work rate throughout, a clear shape and players in midfield that can pass.

I think if Sigurdsson and Rooney were in CM with Gueye behind them we’d be fine. Lennon and Bolasie out wide and Niasse up front. That would give us pace out wide, players that can find the net, work rate throughout, a clear shape and players in midfield that can pass.

True but can you see Big Sam playing that?Maybe when Bolasie is fully fit we'll see it.

Bolasie, Keane,Sigurdsson and Morgan have cost over £100m. All Had played well for previous clubs and the majority probably gave them signings the thumbs up.

The fact they have all been useless is just typical Everton. Cursed we are, genuinely believe that.

Played well for which clubs though mate? Perennial relegation dogfighters? Stodgy mid table premier league clubs? Two of those players totally flopped when they got their initial big move as well. When you sign the ”best of the rest” in hindsight it’s no surprise this is what happens. Not in a disparaging way about our own club but for me if you reach the age of 27/28 and you’re still at a mid table club there’s a damn good reason for that and we shouldn’t be signing these types of players.

I know Bolasie is only just coming back but I am shocked Gueye, Rooney and Sigurdsson haven't been used like that.

Played well for which clubs though mate? Perennial relegation dogfighters? Stodgy mid table premier league clubs? Two of those players totally flopped when they got their initial big move as well. When you sign the ”best of the rest” in hindsight it’s no surprise this is what happens. Not in a disparaging way about our own club but for me if you reach the age of 27/28 and you’re still at a mid table club there’s a damn good reason for that and we shouldn’t be signing these types of players.
Agreed. It was an awful strategy plus a very risky one given their resale value and transfer fees.

True but can you see Big Sam playing that?Maybe when Bolasie is fully fit we'll see it.
Thought he did play that today.

Again, if our defense can't contain anyone in space it won't matter. The LB issue is killing us, Jags is washed up, and you see what happens when JonJoe has a bad game.

We can fix some of this in the window, but not sure how much else.

I know Bolasie is only just coming back but I am shocked Gueye, Rooney and Sigurdsson haven't been used like that.
They were today briefly and we looked rather good in attack. Actually, when Niasse came on, we finally looked like a threat. It was when Gana left that we started falling apart.

They were today briefly and we looked rather good in attack. Actually, when Niasse came on, we finally looked like a threat. It was when Gana left that we started falling apart.

As miserable as today was I really was impressed at the impact Oumar had off the bench. I never thought I would say this in the spring but I'm fine punting on Sandro and having Niasse as a super sub. He's not great but there's value there I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back