Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bolasie, Keane,Sigurdsson and Morgan have cost over £100m. All Had played well for previous clubs and the majority probably gave them signings the thumbs up.

The fact they have all been useless is just typical Everton. Cursed we are, genuinely believe that.

Keane and Sigurdsson have been with us for a little over four months, and Sigurdsson has been improved over the past month or so. Bolasie has had an horrific injury for more than half his Everton career. Way too early to write them off as failures just yet, though I would agree on Schneiderlin - I thought he'd really kick on this season after bedding into the team earlier this year, he's been a real disappointment.

Would love to see Nzonzi in that midfield.

That midfield against Bournemouth was terrible. Man for man we had the capability to beat them but for some reason we can't go forward.

Too much passing sideways or backwards.

Schnerdelin needs booting. Looks weak and gives the ball away far too often. Not sure what he offers.

Martina has done well considering his lack of talent but he's a massive weak point.

Best teams have strong and quick fullbacks and we're lacking.

I'm not sure Tosun on his own is enough going into the second half of the season. One injury and we're back to square one.

Hope he goes for some pace.

Would love to see Nzonzi in that midfield.

That midfield against Bournemouth was terrible. Man for man we had the capability to beat them but for some reason we can't go forward.

Too much passing sideways or backwards.

Schnerdelin needs booting. Looks weak and gives the ball away far too often. Not sure what he offers.

Martina has done well considering his lack of talent but he's a massive weak point.

Best teams have strong and quick fullbacks and we're lacking.

I'm not sure Tosun on his own is enough going into the second half of the season. One injury and we're back to square one.

Hope he goes for some pace.

...reports this morning that Nzonzi could do a ‘u’ turn and stay at Sevilla.

I think if Sigurdsson and Rooney were in CM with Gueye behind them we’d be fine. Lennon and Bolasie out wide and Niasse up front. That would give us pace out wide, players that can find the net, work rate throughout, a clear shape and players in midfield that can pass.

This is what I want for over half the games. Especially against crap like yesterday home and away. No need for a DM, we would have to buy defender or two to shore up the defence of course, but we shouldn't be worried about a Stoke or Brighton outscoring us anyway.

No signings until we work out:

The long term style we want to play
Find out why our scouting, recruitment and value for money has been so awful

We spent more on Siggy, Klaassen, Scheniderlin and Bolasie than the RS did on their front 4.

I think if Sigurdsson and Rooney were in CM with Gueye behind them we’d be fine. Lennon and Bolasie out wide and Niasse up front. That would give us pace out wide, players that can find the net, work rate throughout, a clear shape and players in midfield that can pass.

Thought he did play that today.

Again, if our defense can't contain anyone in space it won't matter. The LB issue is killing us, Jags is washed up, and you see what happens when JonJoe has a bad game.

We can fix some of this in the window, but not sure how much else.

True but why drop Holgate/Williams?I presuming they'll start against United but Bournemouth was more winnable.

Waste of space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back