January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me most of the problem is midfield/wingers and less so the striker.

We could have had giroud and we'd make him look like Kone.
I'm not going to deny the striker isn't the only problem but a new striker should give us enough to finish 7th or 8th.

That's more to do with how poor the rest of the league is.

You have lost your mind. And the idea that Martina is doing a job there is insane. We need a LB maybe more than a CF.
I didn't say he was doing a good job.

Look we are 9th already. Baines will be back.

I know we need to fill that position but we can limp on until the summer.

I just don't trust Walsh. It's that simple.

I'm not going to deny the striker isn't the only problem but a new striker should give us enough to finish 7th or 8th.

That's more to do with how poor the rest of the league is.
We are as poor as the rest of the league in honesty.

A striker wouldn't have stopped our utterly dreadful defence from.shipping 30 odd goals in record time etc.

Even now I don't think we even remotely look like what I've been accustomed to as a 'top 7/8 side'

Weren’t we linked with the Bristol City left back the other day? Looks good, but I’m not sure his throw ins are of the same quality of Martina’s.
We've been the worst team in the league when it comes to throw-ins for a good couple of decades.

It's unbelievable, no matter who the manager is, who the players are, they all stand around immobile for 20 seconds or so when we get a throw in, while the guy taking it looks increasingly exasperated, then eventually throws it to an opposing player.

We've been the worst team in the league when it comes to throw-ins for a good couple of decades.

It's unbelievable, no matter who the manager is, who the players are, they all stand around immobile for 20 seconds or so when we get a throw in, while the guy taking it looks increasingly exasperated, then eventually throws it to an opposing player.
I don't understand when we're taking an 'attacking throw in' near an oppo box.that we don't just stretch their back 4 by having.a player ahead of their defence towards the byline????? It would open up a lot more space for us to.play in.

This ^ It drives me nuts every game. I hate it when we win a throw in near our own byline, it almost always results in an opportunity for the opposition!

Lets not even mention our historic 'cant beat the first man' corners.

You have lost your mind. And the idea that Martina is doing a job there is insane. We need a LB maybe more than a CF.
Agree entirely - we spent several weeks unable to get the ball out of our half via the fullbacks and resultantly bypassing them by hoofing the ball to DCL in a wide position - go look at the passmaps for Rooney, Gana and Schniederlin.

With a new striker we will be fine.

I actually agree. We need to get that striker no matter what but he should be able to sell players to fund it.
I admire your confidence,but I have a feeling we will need at least three quality players to ensure we are playing Premier League football next season.And the origional posters idea that Allardyces future is not tied to Everton FCs is odd to say the least.

Baines is dreadful.
Unfortunately, yes. Abysmal nowadays. Legs have gone. Take him to the glue factory with Rooney, all of our three 'experienced' centre backs, Martina, Schneiderlin, McCarthy, Bolasie, Mirallas, Besic, Lennon, Robles and Stekelenberg. None of them top half Premier League standard.

Unfortunately, yes. Abysmal nowadays. Legs have gone. Take him to the glue factory with Rooney, all of our three 'experienced' centre backs, Martina, Schneiderlin, McCarthy, Bolasie, Mirallas, Besic, Lennon, Robles and Stekelenberg. None of them top half Premier League standard.
Robles is good enough for the squad as no2. As is Bolasie imo.

I'd also sell Sandro, Klaassen, Jags, Pennington.

This ^ It drives me nuts every game. I hate it when we win a throw in near our own byline, it almost always results in an opportunity for the opposition!

I've been saying for years that we are the only professional football team that take throw ins up the line for someone to try and flick on - no matter what position on the pitch we are, but especially in our own half.

I honestly learned this in primary school, but no matter who the manager is, the Everton way is to continue with this. Drives me bonkers every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back