January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because there is no money and Martina does the job.

I don't think the club is willing to buy another starting left back while Baines is still on the pay role.

I think if a left sided CB becomes available we will go with that option instead.

Do you think so ? I think he shows some endeavour going forward but he veers between poor and awful for me as a defender. Baines may still be on the payroll contract wise, but hes clearly been so unfit for a long time now and recently broke down again with his injury. Given his evident loss of pace at 33 too, its a serious deficiency/madness not to remedy it by buying a left back in the window. That, of course, doesn't preclude us from:
not targeting a good one/under bidding for one/being gazumped at the last minute/missing the contract signing deadline etc etc. Or, all four. Take yer pick.

I didn't say he was doing a good job.

Look we are 9th already. Baines will be back.

I know we need to fill that position but we can limp on until the summer.

I just don't trust Walsh. It's that simple.

Ok, don't trust Walsh, that's fair enough. I think Walsh needs to come up big this window, though, or else he's toast.

SANDRO TO SEVILLA?

Sevilla coach Vincenzo Montella has tabled an offer for Sandro, according to Radio MARCA.

Despite scoring 14 goals in 30 appearances for Malaga last term, the striker has yet to score for Everton and hasn’t featured under Sam Allardyce.

SANDRO TO SEVILLA?

Sevilla coach Vincenzo Montella has tabled an offer for Sandro, according to Radio MARCA.

Despite scoring 14 goals in 30 appearances for Malaga last term, the striker has yet to score for Everton and hasn’t featured under Sam Allardyce.
Would be our best business of the window, regardless of the price. Absolute headless chicken.

Withou major investment - outside the top 6 you would say Leicester and Palace have better sides than us at present and Burnley are like us under Moyes when we started to punch above our weight.

Moshiri doesnt understand just how much he actually needs to do to get us even near "the best of the rest" 7th spot - otherwise forget big attendances at the new ground if we stick with Fat Sam and Walsh.

palace have a better team than us? where on earth did you get that from? There's nothing to suggest that's the case.

SANDRO TO SEVILLA?

DO IT

(We all know he will score absolute buckets over there though yeah?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back