January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gutted lads. But Koeman not wanting you or thinking your great is up for massive debate atm. Whatever, We are short in the left back roll..unbelievable that Galloway or Garbutt were not seen as options.
The problem with those two is that wherever they’ve been sent on loan they’ve failed abysmally, hardly a recommendation for immediate inclusion in a struggling first team.

Recent seasons though we'v had pace and good full backs in Coleman and Baines in his prime, Stones and Jags/Distin solid in their prime, pace out wide with Mirallas before he went gash and Del boy, pace and strength in midfield with Barkley and Lukaku up top.

This last transfer window has killed us.

... but we're still ahead of them. How are they better than us?

I actually think i am more disappointed by the lack of outs (and lack of rumours on outs) as opposed to the lack of ins.....

As much as I want a lot of our current squad to leave I’m struggling to see why anyone would want them.
That is what concerns me. I'm sure someone will take fliers on the likes of Sandro and Klaassen (for a loan at least).

I would really like to see us lose Mirallas, Besic (sorry but it is time) and Stekelenburg as the are just a waste of wages. Had hoped someone might be in for Mirallas.

We need to get some amount for Barkley while we can and Schneiderlin can go too. That is 7 players we could do without. I know they won't all move, but would like to at least shed a few.

That is what concerns me. I'm sure someone will take fliers on the likes of Sandro and Klaassen (for a loan at least).

I would really like to see us lose Mirallas, Besic (sorry but it is time) and Stekelenburg as the are just a waste of wages. Had hoped someone might be in for Mirallas.

We need to get some amount for Barkley while we can and Schneiderlin can go too. That is 7 players we could do without. I know they won't all move, but would like to at least shed a few.

I reckon Olymliakos would have Mirallas back and be happy. But of course we probably pay him something insane that they can’t afford. So that might balls that one up.

Lot of Phillip Max talk to other EPL clubs, seems like he wants an England move. Total no brainer to me. Terrific player, wouldn't break the bank, although he wouldn't be cheap.

If we could get Dembele at 25M, is he a better gamble than Tosun at 30M? Dembele is basically the complete opposite type of true CF. They are both strong, but Dembele has crazy pacy. He's very inconsistent and his first touch and control is not the same as Tosun, although it probably will improve.

Watching Arsenal and Lacazette would have been the perfect replacement for Rom. He isnt good enough for a top 4 club either which is why Arsenal will finish outside it - not as good as Kane, Aguero, Lukaku or Morata and Salah is on fire.

Lot of Phillip Max talk to other EPL clubs, seems like he wants an England move. Total no brainer to me. Terrific player, wouldn't break the bank, although he wouldn't be cheap.

If we could get Dembele at 25M, is he a better gamble than Tosun at 30M? Dembele is basically the complete opposite type of true CF. They are both strong, but Dembele has crazy pacy. He's very inconsistent and his first touch and control is not the same as Tosun, although it probably will improve.
Mate Dembele isn't particularly fast...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back