January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think i am more disappointed by the lack of outs (and lack of rumours on outs) as opposed to the lack of ins.....

As much as I want a lot of our current squad to leave I’m struggling to see why anyone would want them.

...the other factor is that the players have to be willing to move. Many professionals these days are happy to sit on mega contracts and not play. The move has to be financially worth their while.

...the other factor is that the players have to be willing to move. Many professionals these days are happy to sit on mega contracts and not play. The move has to be financially worth their while.
And we have quite a few duds who we may not be able to get rid of easily..:(:(

Would love N'Zonzi but £25m for a 29 year old is a lot of money. But hey, if we got 3-4 years of him bossing the midfield it would be worth it. Wouldn't mind that Serri fella either, albeit only ever seen YouTube clips but his range of passing is insane.

The problem with those two is that wherever they’ve been sent on loan they’ve failed abysmally, hardly a recommendation for immediate inclusion in a struggling first team.
Oh i agree...but lets be honest..although i dont quite see the complete ineptitude of cuco, He isnt the answer for our overlap attacks. Its just not his bag. ...actually Your probably right....we need....as in NEED attacking fullbacks..we dont have them in our 1st team presently...we will not win with what we presently have, so...in that mindset...why not give either of them a go....whats to loose ?? Its lost already... so why not ???

Mate Dembele isn't particularly fast...

Not even remotely mate. Dembele has become some kinda striking Zeus on here of late, probably because we are desperate for one but those who have watched him will know he is not fast, he simply has a complete inability to hold the ball up and is extremely wasteful in front of goal and that's against guys on £750-1000 a week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back