January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SANDRO TO SEVILLA?

Sevilla coach Vincenzo Montella has tabled an offer for Sandro, according to Radio MARCA.

Despite scoring 14 goals in 30 appearances for Malaga last term, the striker has yet to score for Everton and hasn’t featured under Sam Allardyce.

I’d say 14 in 30 in a Spanish league is better than Cenks record in a weaker league so he must be worth at least £30m. Unfortunately we don’t deal in logic, he will go for £5m.

I’d say 14 in 30 in a Spanish league is better than Cenks record in a weaker league so he must be worth at least £30m. Unfortunately we don’t deal in logic, he will go for £5m.
Sevilla would never pay his wages and also a high fee.

I think we just want to hit the undo button.

palace have a better team than us? where on earth did you get that from? There's nothing to suggest that's the case.

They have a better defence bar Coleman and possibly Holgate/Kenny in terms of potential, more pace, a better centre forward in Benteke, a better winger in Zaha than anything we have and Cabaye offers more creativity in midfield than any of our current lot. Only area we are stronger at present is in the holding midfield role with Gana/Davies/McCarthy.

To get anywhere near the position of where we were last season in being effectively a top 7 with 10+ points separating us from the rest of the pack we need to realsitically sign 5 very good players (CF, RW, CM, CB, LB) under the current lot I'll be shocked if we can do that after the last 3 shamble transfer windows.

What the hell happened to Galloway. When Baines was injured under El bobbins he really stood out. Quick, Nice feet..good overlaps...one poor loan stint at WBA and hes finished here ?? Come on...
Koeman must have really not liked him to boot him out on loan again while we went into the season with no left back cover and question marks over the future of the center backs.

That said he has apparently been struggling in Sunderland so he might not have had an impact.

Koeman must have really not liked him to boot him out on loan again while we went into the season with no left back cover and question marks over the future of the center backs.

That said he has apparently been struggling in Sunderland so he might not have had an impact.
More baffled by sending connolly out when he had actually featured and done relatively well

They have a better defence bar Coleman and possibly Holgate/Kenny in terms of potential, more pace, a better centre forward in Benteke, a better winger in Zaha than anything we have and Cabaye offers more creativity in midfield than any of our current lot. Only area we are stronger at present is in the holding midfield role with Gana/Davies/McCarthy.

To get anywhere near the position of where we were last season in being effectively a top 7 with 10+ points separating us from the rest of the pack we need to realsitically sign 5 very good players (CF, RW, CM, CB, LB) under the current lot I'll be shocked if we can do that after the last 3 shamble transfer windows.

in your opinion? If those statements are indeed the case, how are we 5 points ahead of them despite being utterly dire? Last season we finished 7 places and 20 points ahead of them. Season before, even though we were shocking, we still finished 4 places and 5 points ahead of them. They've never been above us this season and i don't believe they would have ever been above us last season. They haven't beaten us since 2014.

in your opinion? If those statements are indeed the case, how are we 5 points ahead of them despite being utterly dire? Last season we finished 7 places and 20 points ahead of them. Season before, even though we were shocking, we still finished 4 places and 5 points ahead of them. They've never been above us this season and i don't believe they would have ever been above us last season. They haven't beaten us since 2014.

Recent seasons though we'v had pace and good full backs in Coleman and Baines in his prime, Stones and Jags/Distin solid in their prime, pace out wide with Mirallas before he went gash and Del boy, pace and strength in midfield with Barkley and Lukaku up top.

This last transfer window has killed us.

Gutted lads. But Koeman not wanting you or thinking your great is up for massive debate atm. Whatever, We are short in the left back roll..unbelievable that Galloway or Garbutt were not seen as options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back