Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CNLSmJ7WsAAH2oz.png

Genuinely what are you watching? We’ve played over 20 games and haven’t played well once.
We aren’t just suddenly winning 3 or 4 on the spin.
The only side i’ve actually thought look worse than us this season is Swansea. West Ham on a par maybe. Palace have looked better than us in recent weeks and indeed today.

I'm watching 2 games = 4pts

I'm also seeing the run of games other teams have

Then I'm looking at the table and seeing how close we are to 8-10th place...

Teams at the bottom;

Sell Schneiderlin to West Brom who we outbid

Sell Mirallas to Moyes at West Ham

Punt Bolasie back to Palace

Blackmail Swansea into taking Sigurdsson and Williams back when they hit 20th place

This would make a great Sales Plan.

Swansea really need a boost and maybe buying Gilfi back from EFC, say for 10 million less, would be realistic.

Miralles is two-bob and DM loves two-bob players.

Disagree about Bolasie but the West Brom move for Schneiderlin also makes sense.

For some of you worried about relegation, you want to sell Siggy back to Swansea so they can climb back over us? Even if you think he stinks for us, he sure as heck didn't stink for Swans. Even last year, Swans beat us once at their place and it took a late goal from Coleman to tie it up.

if possible i'd take a punt on zaha, smalling and probably someone like willian jose. Pace for days, target man (uproven so a bit risky) and a solid centre half.
Desperately need barkley back or someone capable of carying the ball in the middle

For some of you worried about relegation, you want to sell Siggy back to Swansea so they can climb back over us? Even if you think he stinks for us, he sure as heck didn't stink for Swans. Even last year, Swans beat us once at their place and it took a late goal from Coleman to tie it up.

If we are 8-10th and going into January.
If Swansea are around the relegation zone.
Then we could see Williams and Sigurdsson going back there...and in their current form id welcome it.

Just like Man Utd selling us schneiderlin...would he suddenly become top notch if we punted him to WBA or Southampton?

if possible i'd take a punt on zaha, smalling and probably someone like willian jose. Pace for days, target man (uproven so a bit risky) and a solid centre half.
Desperately need barkley back or someone capable of carying the ball in the middle

Disagree about Barkley. But we do need a top midfielder. Also a top left-back. A top central defender. A top left winger.

If we are 8-10th and going into January.
If Swansea are around the relegation zone.
Then we could see Williams and Sigurdsson going back there...and in their current form id welcome it.

Just like Man Utd selling us schneiderlin...would he suddenly become top notch if we punted him to WBA or Southampton?

Mate, don't know what you are drinking, but won't happen....

We need 2 centre forwards and a mobile centre back, left footed if possible and if one become available a left footed winger

Outs, think Mirallas will leave but to Greece, and of the new signings, think they need a bit more time personally...

Mate, don't know what you are drinking, but won't happen....

We need 2 centre forwards and a mobile centre back, left footed if possible and if one become available a left footed winger

Outs, think Mirallas will leave but to Greece, and of the new signings, think they need a bit more time personally...

id prefer us to clear out A LOT of players in Jan and next summer...don't want to see them in the shirt anymore.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...rton-asked-advice-30m-bid-Moussa-Dembele.html

Everton asked for advice over £30m bid for Celtic's Moussa Dembele, says the scout who lured him to Parkhead
  • David Moss quit as Celtic's head of scouting in June to join Huddersfield Town
  • It is understood that Everton asked for advice over a bid for Moussa Dembele
  • Moss also believes it is a matter of time before Dembele leaves Parkhead

The scout who lured Moussa Dembele to Celtic has revealed how Everton asked his advice over a £30million bid for the striker after selling Romelu Lukaku to Manchester United.

David Moss, who quit as Celtic's head of scouting in June to take up a role as Huddersfield Town's head of football operations, told Sportsmail: 'Everton were a club who phoned me up about him. They said: "David, what do you think?" I said: "Don't even blink, don't even think about it, sign him. It's a no-brainer".'

They failed to follow through on their interest but Moss, credited with doing the groundwork which took Dembele from Fulham to Parkhead for £400,000, insists it's only a matter of time before the French Under-21 international leaves Glasgow for one of Europe's top clubs.
He was absolute tosh yesterday against Ross County who are full crap ex English lower league players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back