Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t disagree that we look more dangerous going forward with Lookman playing. Anytime he picks up the ball you can literally feel everyone waiting to see what he does next. Until we at least get Baines back then I still wouldn’t start him unless he’s used in a position/system where he has very limited responsibilities without the ball. Use him as an impact sub without doubt though

Fair enough, for me all the kids need games...including vlasic in that.

This season is petering out anyway and we need them to have as much experience as possible, ready for next season.

Next season they wont be virgins but know what level they need to raise their game to.

I'll let you off if you watch the game again and see what he produced.

So far we've got his incredible performance as the header and pass to Lookman which started our goal
+ 2 AMAZING / WORLD CLASS crosses into the box.......to no-one

Their left back had him in his pocket.

BTW I'm not counting the roll the ball over his foot...kick ball past defender...
-get tacked
- kick ball out of play
- fall over
- cross to no-one

As being the signs of 'good play'

Ignore his injury...hes just the same as when he was fully fit for us and palace...rubbish
Wow! Show me someone else in the team that is the outlet he is? There's no-one in the box ever, that isn't his fault. I think you've made your mind up about him and you'll never be swayed so I will leave it there.

If we even attempt to sign Diafra Sakho we may as well just give up now. Absolute yard dog. I personally wouldn't give the manager anymore cash, swerve him as soon as the season finishes and go from there. Be arsed being Bolton mk2. We've only just stopped being Wigan.
At least we're not Villa

....6ft 2in, 23 years of age. His goal scoring record is actually very good and he is a threat in the opposition box. I think it was him who set up Swansea’s goal at Goodison a few weeks ago. I’d actually prefer him to Keane, not sure about having them both.

In a back four I honestly think we should be looking for a partner alongside Holgate going forwards mate, Keane either then becomes third choice or is moved on, because frankly he looks flawed when out of the Burnley system, he also looks shocking anytime he has to play left cb, for me the best can handle that switch of sides.

Mawson haven't seen enough off, but the fact he's apparently getting plaudits for his defending whilst playing not in a system that sits in its own 18y box with me behind the ball like Keane had at Burnley, and like Gibson had at Boro, makes me think he'd not be as much a risk

In my opinion that £5k Walcott story is just a way to get other people to start placing bets on him to Everton.

Clever rouse but I’d ignore.

Or the guy who did the bet will now be laying it off left right and centre to people who jump in the reduced odds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back