Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for Bolasie...its worse than having 10 men the amount of times he gives the ball back.

Lookman needs to start every game for us now to develop and be ready to compete with Onyekuru next season for the left midfield spot.

Seems like a bit of a contradiction. I like both players, but Lookman gives the ball away just as much. Part and parcel of direct wingers, they’ll take defenders on (which everyone wants to see) but as a result they will lose the ball plenty of times. Can’t beat everyone every time. I’d rather we had Bolasie in the team right now as he’s looking like an outlet.

Starting Lookman on the left while we’re still forced to have Martina at LB is not sensible to me. He needs someone disciplined and experienced sat in front of him. Unless one of Gana or Morgan is used to cover back maybe... but then that causes problems elsewhere with our defensive shape.

Seems like a bit of a contradiction. I like both players, but Lookman gives the ball away just as much. Part and parcel of direct wingers, they’ll take defenders on (which everyone wants to see) but as a result they will lose the ball plenty of times. Can’t beat everyone every time. I’d rather we had Bolasie in the team right now as he’s looking like an outlet.

Starting Lookman on the left while we’re still forced to have Martina at LB is not sensible to me. He needs someone disciplined and experienced sat in front of him. Unless one of Gana or Morgan is used to cover back maybe... but then that causes problems elsewhere with our defensive shape.
Spot on! Some people watch too much FIFA. World class wingers give the ball away, but they keep trying, but we remember their best moments. Now he isn't that, but I thought Bolasie gave everything the other night.

Check out Lookmans passing, workrate and awareness in the last match...Bolasie is a head down player, wont improve from the dross he's been serving up his whole career...no end product.

In terms of Martina, either Baines is back and/or we sign someone else...either way he has to have games...better to have an attacker there than someone to cover cuco or else we pose no threat...like having lennon on the right...pointless.

Spot on! Some people watch too much FIFA. World class wingers give the ball away, but they keep trying, but we remember their best moments. Now he isn't that, but I thought Bolasie gave everything the other night.

lol sounds you watch/play computer games.

Bolasie was dire..

Wasn't he omitted from the squad against the RS?

Defensive winger = SELL!

He signed Lookman, Vlasic and DCL mate so a bit of an oxymoron ;)

Also, I think we will be able to get a fair wedge in money back from the players we signed...but need to offload now really.

We needed to go for Fabinho 5/6 years ago when I said so :eek:

6 years ago Fabinho wasn’t even playing first team football so let’s not tell porkies, Zat.

Someone has lumped 5k on Walcott to Everton apparently, would like this to be true but would bookies take that much? I cannot see it.

Check out Lookmans passing, workrate and awareness in the last match...Bolasie is a head down player, wont improve from the dross he's been serving up his whole career...no end product.

In terms of Martina, either Baines is back and/or we sign someone else...either way he has to have games...better to have an attacker there than someone to cover cuco or else we pose no threat...like having lennon on the right...pointless.

I don’t disagree that we look more dangerous going forward with Lookman playing. Anytime he picks up the ball you can literally feel everyone waiting to see what he does next. Until we at least get Baines back then I still wouldn’t start him unless he’s used in a position/system where he has very limited responsibilities without the ball. Use him as an impact sub without doubt though

Nope, I was there and he wasn't! Not bad for someone who hasn't played for ages. He wanted the ball

I'll let you off if you watch the game again and see what he produced.

So far we've got his incredible performance as the header and pass to Lookman which started our goal
+ 2 AMAZING / WORLD CLASS crosses into the box.......to no-one

Their left back had him in his pocket.

BTW I'm not counting the roll the ball over his foot...kick ball past defender...
-get tacked
- kick ball out of play
- fall over
- cross to no-one

As being the signs of 'good play'

Ignore his injury...hes just the same as when he was fully fit for us and palace...rubbish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back