Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully we're bringing in a top winger and I'd count Walcott as one. His return from a wide position is as good as any.
Read an interview with Walcott not long ago saying he still feels he can play as a striker. He'd be a good signing as he'd add cover across the forward line. If we ship out Lennon, who to be honest I'd be sad to see go as he's done well this season imo, then Walcott may well be the plan.

At the moment weve got
Lennon
Bolasie
Lookman
vlasic
+ Dowell and Onyekuru

Who can play out wide..who would we be moving on as more than 4 wide players is too much let alone 7.

But out of all those none are currently good enough top 6 team players. Possibly onyekuru. So yes we do need new wingers if we want to challenge the top 6 I would say.

At the moment weve got
Lennon
Bolasie
Lookman
vlasic
+ Dowell and Onyekuru

Who can play out wide..who would we be moving on as more than 4 wide players is too much let alone 7.
Dowell and Vlasic are central attacking mids naturally. Onyekuru and Lookman are youth players with only one of them proving they can play from the bench so far in the Premier league and Lennon looks to be off anyway so that leaves Bolasie as a gaurenteed starter at LW or RW.

But out of all those none are currently good enough top 6 team players. Possibly onyekuru. So yes we do need new wingers if we want to challenge the top 6 I would say.

Dowell and Vlasic are central attacking mids naturally. Onyekuru and Lookman are youth players with only one of them proving they can play from the bench so far in the Premier league and Lennon looks to be off anyway so that leaves Bolasie as a gaurenteed starter at LW or RW.

We aren't going to start Dowell Vlasic in central midfield...they will get games out wide to develop. Dowell plays right for England and vlasic has mostly for us so I assume its to get games out of the centre and adapt to the league.

Onyekuru isn't a 'youth player' and Lookman has already shown what he can do in limited games and looks class for England,

As for Bolasie...its worse than having 10 men the amount of times he gives the ball back.

Read an interview with Walcott not long ago saying he still feels he can play as a striker. He'd be a good signing as he'd add cover across the forward line. If we ship out Lennon, who to be honest I'd be sad to see go as he's done well this season imo, then Walcott may well be the plan.

If we sold Niasse and Lennon (and perhaps sandro too) then brought in Walcott on loan till summer then that would be fine...

Think it would be a big mistake to sign him...doesn't look like he's a 'winner' to be...looks to be another Bolasie type whose just having fun...

As a sentimentalist , I would miss Lennon . Nobody can question his commitment, workrate and his pace. If only he had a bit more guile and snide.

He has to go for the sake of his own career and I would wish him all the very best .

Mirallas , has the tools and the snide to be a legend . Has the concentration of a goldfish though . I think he has been a good signing overall but it's time to go .

Been trawling the interwebz looking for links for a LB . Can't find any . Surely , it has to be a priority .

Used to play striker at youth level. Couple of my mates played against him , he had an insane goal scoring record. He was outstanding as a 16-18 year old but I wouldn't buy him now. Not unless we are getting him for 15m

If we got Walcott, we would probably see Lennon leave and lookman go out on loan. Lookman has far from proved anything and while has has had a couple of good games off the bench, and did well in that Europa game, he has also had some poor games and has been overlooked time and time again even when we have been crying out for pace.

....into the 7th day of the January transfer window and here’s the rumours for this Sunday morning:

- Greek club, Olympiakos, have revealed via their Twitter account that they have reached an agreement with Everton for the transfer of Kevin Mirallas. The player is still to undergo a medical and the report doesn’t say if the deal is a loan or permanent move. The Daily Mail suggests Olympiakos want a loan deal with a view to a permanent £5m transfer but Everton prefer a permanent arrangement.

- ThisisFootball website say Everton are keen to sign another striker this month with Celtic’s Moussa Dembele and West Ham’s Diafra Sakho the key targets. Allardyce originally planned to use Kevin Mirallas as part of a deal to bring Sakho to Goodison but that collapsed when Mirallas agreed a £4m to Olympiakos.

- According to The Daily Mirror, Everton are plotting further transfer activity with moves for Swansea defender Alfie Mawson and Watford midfielder, Adoulaye Dacoure.

- The Mirror also report Crystal Palace are interested in Everton’s Oumar Niasse.

- ThisisFootball website say Everton are keen to sign another striker this month with Celtic’s Moussa Dembele and West Ham’s Diafra Sakho the key targets. Allardyce originally planned to use Kevin Mirallas as part of a deal to bring Sakho to Goodison but that collapsed when Mirallas agreed a £4m to Olympiakos.

If that was the plan, then don’t accept the offer from Olympiakos. Utter nonsense.

....into the 7th day of the January transfer window and here’s the rumours for this Sunday morning:

- Greek club, Olympiakos, have revealed via their Twitter account that they have reached an agreement with Everton for the transfer of Kevin Mirallas. The player is still to undergo a medical and the report doesn’t say if the deal is a loan or permanent move. The Daily Mail suggests Olympiakos want a loan deal with a view to a permanent £5m transfer but Everton prefer a permanent arrangement.

- According to The Daily Mirror, Everton are plotting further transfer activity with moves for Swansea defender Alfie Mawson and Watford midfielder, Adoulaye Dacoure.

- The Mirror also report Crystal Palace are interested in Everton’s Oumar Niasse.

A very depressing shopping list tbh.

This proves that Walsh is not having much of an influence or final say with regards to signing first team players.

If we got Walcott, we would probably see Lennon leave and lookman go out on loan. Lookman has far from proved anything and while has has had a couple of good games off the bench, and did well in that Europa game, he has also had some poor games and has been overlooked time and time again even when we have been crying out for pace.

Neither Lennon nor Bolasie have any end product and similar to our season being a 7th place target now, they aren't good enough.

Lookman needs to start every game for us now to develop and be ready to compete with Onyekuru next season for the left midfield spot.

@Eggs Conflicting reports that Mawson is/isn't for sale at 20/25/40mil how much would you spend on him either now or with him joining in the summer...

Neither Lennon nor Bolasie have any end product and similar to our season being a 7th place target now, they aren't good enough.

Lookman needs to start every game for us now to develop and be ready to compete with Onyekuru next season for the left midfield spot.

@Eggs Conflicting reports that Mawson is/isn't for sale at 20/25/40mil how much would you spend on him either now or with him joining in the summer...

...on Mawson he’s only 23 and not long into a 4 year deal. Although he only cost £5.5m, the market changed significantly last summer. I think £25m-£30m would be decent business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back