Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 7 of the January transfer window and STILL NO LEFT BACK SIGNED.

DISGRACEFUL.

Am i the only one who can see that Martina, god bless him, is just not up to playing Premier league football, even in his correct position.

We have been crying out for a left back since August the 31st.

We knew, the previous manager knew, the board must have known that if Leighton got an injury we were in trouble in that position.

There was no attempt at all to bring in cover in the summer.

There was no attempt to even bring in a free agent after the deadline in August.

IMO opinion we should have had a left back lined up to sign 7 days ago.

All the focus has been on a striker, but our left hand side has been turgid, we cannot play an attacking left winger because he has to cover Cuco all the time, therefore we effectively play 2 left backs in every game, so reducing our attacking threat.

FFS WALSH , PULL YOUR FINGER OUT OF YOUR FAT ARSE AND START EARNING YOUR CONSIDERABLE WAGES.

To be fair i thino we knew weve needed a lb since last season when will sold oviedo. Baines was 32 at the time and was showing clear signs of decline.

DISGRACEFUL.

Am i the only one who can see that Martina, god bless him, is just not up to playing Premier league football, even in his correct position.

We knew, the previous manager knew, the board must have known that if Leighton got an injury we were in trouble in that position.

There was no attempt to even bring in a free agent after the deadline in August.

All the focus has been on a striker, but our left hand side has been turgid, we cannot play an attacking left winger because he has to cover Cuco all the time, therefore we effectively play 2 left backs in every game, so reducing our attacking threat.

FFS WALSH , PULL YOUR FINGER OUT OF YOUR FAT ARSE AND START EARNING YOUR CONSIDERABLE WAGES.

Rant over. :coffee:
Walsh can find half a dozen left backs,can we afford them,do they only want to sign for CL clubs?
On paper the job looks simple,in the real world...

Back soon mate.

We might get a loan in as cover but can’t see us spending any more dough this window on permanent signings.

How soon is now though Bully? We needed a left back in the summer regardless of Baines being injured, I think now is even more pressing as we don't know how long Baines will take to get back up to speed and his best days are behind him.

Not when Baines is back we aren’t.

We are he is clearly in decline and has been for 18months. He cant get up and down like he used to and he is now blunt as an attacking threat preety much choosing the easy ball back to the centre half as his default pass. We dont need to carry him for a free kick threat as sigy can take those.

The left back we want might not be available until the Summer but Bob from the Wirral or wherever wants one right away because it's a disgrace we haven't spunked a fortune on somebody to get us to 7th place.

Be reasonable

I’d take Mawson, Nea.

Id swerve any centre half. We have mori to come back and holgate showing good signs of progresse and with the way we play now we arent leaking the goals. If i was sam i would be trying to work out if mori / keane , mori / holgate or keane / holgate can form a partnership before the summer that he can use next season or if he needs to spend on that in the summer. Hooefully jags and williams will go in the summe and will lewve space to add a 4th cb.

Goals scored for Everton

Current Squad:

(Lukaku - gone)
(Baines - injured 38)
(Mirallas - out on loan)
(Barkley - gone)
(Coleman - injured 24)
(Barry - gone)
(Geri - gone)

Jagielka 18
Rooney 11 (plus 17 previous spell)
Lennon 9
DCL 8
Oumar 6
Macca 6
Gylfi 5
(RFM - injured 5)
Lookman 3
Gueye 3
Williams 3
Davies 2
Vlasic 2
Keane 1
Schneids 1
Bolasie 1
Sandro 1

Total goals (Current fit players) 80 (97)

We seem to be happy to sell all that experience and goals and... well, maybe we're not going to attack.

DISGRACEFUL.

Rant over. :coffee:
We've been crying out for a left back for 3 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back