Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We bought the top scorer from a CL side in January and people flipped their lids. There’s honestly not a transfer Everton could make that wouldn’t receive condemnation on here. Mawson is a good player. If the price is right he’s a better option than Jags and Williams.

We need to get over the saying he is better than our to old centre backs. To bridge the gap we have to find top players at the right pricr not over priced premier league players that are good but wont improve the team. No point treading water we need to swim to catch up.

Baines is done mate... age and injury has caught up with him sadly but even if he comes back and has a resurgence we still need a back up. Martina not good enough
I've said it before but I think Sam will see Baines as first choice LB at least until the summer, but you are right we do need a decent back up.

It
we won't buy another striker this jan. We'll get one in the summer for hopefully the same sort of fee we paid for siggurdsson. Not writing off tosun of course, but we need a proper big name striker. Would like bas dost and his height combining with siggy.

mawson is in no way good enough for us. I really like him, but he's at the right level atm.
It's odd that the complaints of hoof ball.pepper the forum,yet so.many yearn for a big unit of a CF

Id swerve any centre half. We have mori to come back and holgate showing good signs of progresse and with the way we play now we arent leaking the goals. If i was sam i would be trying to work out if mori / keane , mori / holgate or keane / holgate can form a partnership before the summer that he can use next season or if he needs to spend on that in the summer. Hooefully jags and williams will go in the summe and will lewve space to add a 4th cb.

This is prob what will happen, I'd like to see us try to sign up Stefan de Vrij, he's a bosman in the summer, if we could get him to agree to come here we might be able to get him now for 4-5 mil and off load Williams to cover the fee.

We bought the top scorer from a CL side in January and people flipped their lids. There’s honestly not a transfer Everton could make that wouldn’t receive condemnation on here. Mawson is a good player. If the price is right he’s a better option than Jags and Williams.
If Jags (big if) plays like he did the other night I'm happy sticking with him until the summer.Acually I'm happy enough with our CBs until the summer, its other areas need attention first.

I've said it before but I think Sam will see Baines as first choice LB at least until the summer, but you are right we do need a decent back up.
Think this is Baines' done now. Been great for us down the years but time waits for no one. Injuries after age of 30 take longer to recover from too. It was a complete mess not bringing cover in last summer. This was bound to happen as no way Baines was going to play a full season at his age.
Ideally need a first choice replacement now, but if its the summer (given we've not much left to play for this season) so be it.
However, that might mean persisting with Martina a while longer!

Think this is Baines' done now. Been great for us down the years but time waits for no one. Injuries after age of 30 take longer to recover from too. It was a complete mess not bringing cover in last summer. This was bound to happen as no way Baines was going to play a full season at his age.
Ideally need a first choice replacement now, but if its the summer (given we've not much left to play for this season) so be it.
We do actually still have Europe to play for, an up turn in results with a couple of new players, we could get 7th (not sure I'm confident of that) but we could do. Apart from the top 6 the rest aren't very good, but nor are we but most of them are playing to there limit at the moment, we are not we have got much better somewhere in this team.

We do actually still have Europe to play for, an up turn in results with a couple of new players, we could get 7th (not sure I'm confident of that) but we could do. Apart from the top 6 the rest aren't very good, but nor are we but most of them are playing to there limit at the moment, we are not we have got much better somewhere in this team.

There's no guarantee 7th will get us into Europe again. It only worked last season because of United winning EL and finishing Top 4.

1-4 CL
5-6 EL

7th sometimes under weird circumstances.

There's no guarantee 7th will get us into Europe again. It only worked last season because of United winning EL and finishing Top 4.

1-4 CL
5-6 EL

7th sometimes under weird circumstances.
It may not guarantee but you have to get there to be in with a chance, so that should be our aim, not just trying to get 40 points to be safe.

Walsh can find half a dozen left backs,can we afford them,do they only want to sign for CL clubs?
On paper the job looks simple,in the real world...

Im sorry i disagree.

We are playing two players at left back in every game we play because Cuco cannot be left isolated.

You watch us when we defend, our left sided midfielder is always with him, our centre backs are pulled out of position on counter attacks down our left to cover him ( Bournemouth 1st goal, attack down our left, centre half's go out left to cover Cuco, leaving JJK the only defender in the middle, they score.

We cannot build any attacking situations down our left because when he supports, Cuco always turns back and plays a right footed pass either infield ( losing the angle to cross the ball into the box) or plays it back to the centre halves.

He cannot tackle with his left foot, he allows the opposing player to go go past him , then tries to tackle him from the wrong side with his right foot.

Can we afford one?

Im not asking for a superstar left back, just one with a left foot who can tackle a bit.

If the job is too much for Mr Walsh then he should be considering his position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back