Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope.

We HAVE to sign a left back.

Nope.

We HAVE to sign a left back AND a quality, ball playing attacking centre mid who carries the ball.

...and a goalscoring striker, a target man/centre forward, a couple of classy Centre Halves with pace and a back up left back/Utility player.

Think some of you are being harsh suggesting allardyce should be automatically binned in the summer hence don't give him any money.

A) our dof may get players in for the long term regardless of the manager, well in theory (try not to laugh too hard). That's the whole idea of a dof.

B) let's wait till the end of the season and see how things pan out. We got a rubbish cup draw and we're unlucky in the actual game. We're clearly not going down. Let's see if he can get a more cohesive attacking system together by the end of the season.

A) Do we have one of these?

Nope.

We HAVE to sign a left back AND a quality, ball playing attacking centre mid who carries the ball.

...and a goalscoring striker, a target man/centre forward, a couple of classy Centre Halves with pace and a back up left back/Utility player.
With all respect mate, we are not going to do all that business this window (but I agree those positions we do need strengthening) but it’s imperative we sign a left back ASAP. I don’t know how much longer I can carry on watching Martina, as he attempts to cover here.

With all respect mate, we are not going to do all that business this window (but I agree those positions we do need strengthening) but it’s imperative we sign a left back ASAP. I don’t know how much longer I can carry on watching Martina, as he attempts to cover here.

I do agree.

I was just pointing out that there are several areas that definitely need strengthening, and no one position being filled is gonna be the miracle cure people think.

But I do agree the left back position is critical, and has been for a long time. As bad a footballer Martina is, we actually improved since he started playing there, because Baines has been so bad for so long. But there's only so long you can get away with someone who is so frighteningly right footed covering there before things start to go wrong.

....6ft 2in, 23 years of age. His goal scoring record is actually very good and he is a threat in the opposition box. I think it was him who set up Swansea’s goal at Goodison a few weeks ago. I’d actually prefer him to Keane, not sure about having them both.
Good point Eggs, still not sold on Keane just yet me. Still !! Early days eh. I would deffo go for Mawson though. A real presence in defence. For any doubters just rename him Mawsinho...
I seriously cant imagine Swansea selling another player though....their fans are loosing the plot already after Llorente and Siggy going...The owner would be lynched

Good point Eggs, still not sold on Keane just yet me. Still !! Early days eh. I would deffo go for Mawson though. A real presence in defence. For any doubters just rename him Mawsinho...
I seriously cant imagine Swansea selling another player though....their fans are loosing the plot already after Llorente and Siggy going...The owner would be lynched

No way will the Swans new manager let any player go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back