Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Keane is a good player, he's just suffered this season even more than the other players, Koeman consistently played he when we were getting hammered, that has probably knocked his confidence really bad. If he gets back to doing the basics I'm sure he will come good. Martina might not be very good but due to some injury problems, he has come in and done a job of sorts, the other 2 must be truely dreadfull even in training and they hardly ever make the bench let alone the first team.

If Martina had not been taken on then we might have signed a proper LB and would not now be in this position.

If we did qualify and had to start in june id utilise the squad and youth team. We would have a decent 11 from the u23s before we start loaning any of them out. Once we get over the injuries the likes of kenny, holgate, davies, DCl and lookman might not be starters so it would be ideal to give them competetive games.
We're not getting 7th. No chance.

If we did qualify and had to start in june id utilise the squad and youth team. We would have a decent 11 from the u23s before we start loaning any of them out. Once we get over the injuries the likes of kenny, holgate, davies, DCl and lookman might not be starters so it would be ideal to give them competetive games.

like our last euro game I suppose, they did ok. i'd still not want it , esp with such an important summer window, we should hopefully be working on

He looked tidy enough at Burnley, could be good for us with the right partner/system

I only mentioned him as some folk were not happy about his play. For me I would like to get another CB to couple with Holgate and Keane thus being in a position to release jags and Williams at season end. Then there is the question of Mori, has his injury ruined him as a player?

I only mentioned him as some folk were not happy about his play. For me I would like to get another CB to couple with Holgate and Keane thus being in a position to release jags and Williams at season end. Then there is the question of Mori, has his injury ruined him as a player?

Holgate + Keane + ANnother + Feeney

That should be our 4 CBs next season...

Coleman + Kenny on the right

2 new left backs signed.

Not a massive signing spree really, 3 players and the defence is sorted...and Allardyce seems decent at picking defenders.

We aren't going to start Dowell Vlasic in central midfield...they will get games out wide to develop. Dowell plays right for England and vlasic has mostly for us so I assume its to get games out of the centre and adapt to the league.

Onyekuru isn't a 'youth player' and Lookman has already shown what he can do in limited games and looks class for England,

As for Bolasie...its worse than having 10 men the amount of times he gives the ball back.
Aye that's all fine but the point is about not having room for a starting 11 winger. I reckon we actually need one (Walcott for example) especially considering 3 of those are still in development stage. Onyekuru is only 20 and hasn't even played a premier league game, I'd hope the club have a bit of sense and get an experienced winger in. At least then we have 2 youth/developing wingers with bags of potential as back up and 2 experienced wingers in Bolasie and Walcott. As annoying as he can be at times I like Bolasie, I think he was unlucky with that injury and hope he gets a chance to prove himself at full fitness in a better squad than Palace.

Holgate + Keane + ANnother + Feeney

That should be our 4 CBs next season...

Coleman + Kenny on the right

2 new left backs signed.

Not a massive signing spree really, 3 players and the defence is sorted...and Allardyce seems decent at picking defenders.

Alfie mawson , Bertrand and the lad from Bristol city

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back