Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no how would we ever find a formation that includes 2 strikers. Wonder if the football annals hold such information?
In my youth I remember a 3/2/5 system and in the 70/80 s some great 4/4/2 systems with 2 wingers who hugged the touchline( Leeds under Revie , Manure under Docherty so??) and even the turds across the park done it. MIT can be done just needs a manager with a set of liathroadi ( Gaelic for balls ) to bring it back.

The negativity on here is staggering. Why don´t people just wait and see what happens?

Because every time we wait and see we wait.....and see.....and wait......and see......and wait.....and then it's too late.

I think it's understandable that we get twitchy and frustrated with how we conduct our transfer business. We've managed to get one striker through the door and I think the majority would like to see a left back come in 7 days ago.

Remember in the summer when we kept saying we would deffo get a striker in, deffo get one in before the window closes and look what happened....they had one option Giroud and when that went tits up they didn't have a plan B

They basically bought Van Dijk and Keita with that money, remember they signed him for £80m in August to arrive in the summer. They knew Coutinho was off the same way we knew Barkley and Lukaku were gone.

That said, it was a lot of money, and they will be stronger for it. They already have Salah, Mane, and Firminho playing similar roles, Keita and Van Dijk have strengthened other areas they weren't as strong in. If the can get a good striker and a good keeper, they will be frightening.

Meanwhile, we are basically back at stage 1 of another massive rebuild with someone else's team, so we are years away.

Realistically, even if Keane comes good (and he's shown nothing thus far to suggest he's even average) we still need at least 1 more centre half (possibly 2) to replace Jags/Williams, 2 new Left backs to replace Baines and provide competition, at least 1 more proper striker to go alongside the as yet untried Tosun, and a complete rethink of the midfield.
450 m should sort it
I’ll have a word with Usmanov oops meant Moshiri over a pint during the week

Because every time we wait and see we wait.....and see.....and wait......and see......and wait.....and then it's too late.

I think it's understandable that we get twitchy and frustrated with how we conduct our transfer business. We've managed to get one striker through the door and I think the majority would like to see a left back come in 7 days ago.

Remember in the summer when we kept saying we would deffo get a striker in, deffo get one in before the window closes and look what happened....they had one option Giroud and when that went tits up they didn't have a plan B

Sure, but we just got a striker in. The club is obviously trying to rectify the mistakes of the summer.

I think some had to go before more brought in, so as 2 have gone it does leave room for new players to come in. We actually do have quite a big squad.
We do have a big squad, but a totally unbalanced squad and in my mind, one still lacking in quality. We need to sign proven players for the here and now, not youngsters with potential, as we have enough of them already.

Sure, but we just got a striker in. The club is obviously trying to rectify the mistakes of the summer.

And I'm delighted with that mate ( that we've got a striker in ), I'm just stating I don't think they've deserved any leeway or patience from any Evertonian due to the piss poor recruitment and lack of it in certsin areas.

End of the window mate, if we sign quality players in areas required then you'll read a big well done from me. Until then I don't trust this gang of whoppers to organise a piss up in a brewery let alone get the required number of players signed and over the line.

Allardyce loves signing from the French league, has done with every prem team he has has. I see him dipping into it again for defence reinforcement. Wasn't a lad named Adama Soumaoro linked around Christmas? Bit of a random name to throw in, similar to Cenk.

I don't remember seeing him play and I watched a few games In that league...the one to sign would be Issa Diop. The bloke is a mountain and can play a bit too.

The other will probably be Williams anyway, I can live with that for another season provided Keane comes back into form as Sam has managed to get Williams playing OK again. Would love a man mountain to be paired with Holgate though like Sane or Vestergard, especially for games like agaisnt the RS, one of those big grocks on VVD and that goal wasn't going in.

Remember how bad Williams was under Koeman? Look how deep weve been under Allardyce...I think if we go with a higher line Williams will expose us again...

Lid, that’s the truth

Alfie Cart Horse Mawson

Lol

no.

..yep, lots of links with Soumaoro in the last few weeks.

Its weird when no one on the forum has heard of him...

Aye that's all fine but the point is about not having room for a starting 11 winger. I reckon we actually need one (Walcott for example) especially considering 3 of those are still in development stage. Onyekuru is only 20 and hasn't even played a premier league game, I'd hope the club have a bit of sense and get an experienced winger in. At least then we have 2 youth/developing wingers with bags of potential as back up and 2 experienced wingers in Bolasie and Walcott. As annoying as he can be at times I like Bolasie, I think he was unlucky with that injury and hope he gets a chance to prove himself at full fitness in a better squad than Palace.

I just posted on the Bolasie thread...something like;

Left -- Lookman / Onyekuru
Centre -- Sigurdsson / Vlasic / Dowell
Right -- Bolasie / Lennon

Personally I would sell both bolasie and lennon and buy one super player there...use Vlasic/Dowell as cover there also.

This gives us 2 star attackers + 4 u21s getting experience and game time.

Personally think we will end up between 4-7th next season anyway...the teams below 7th aren't going to compare if we strengthen well.

Left -- Lookman / Onyekuru
Centre -- Sigurdsson / Vlasic / Dowell
Right -- Bolasie / Lennon

Personally I would sell both bolasie and lennon and buy one super player there...use Vlasic/Dowell as cover there also.

This gives us 2 star attackers + 4 u21s getting experience and game time.

Can you point me towards the 2 star attackers in this list please, cos all I see is crappers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back