Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like him buddy, no crush for that guy. Hopefully he will at least give us a hint

That's AGM day as well.

yes I'm with you @bluestevon does seem to be level headed normally, which makes my eye browse raise at his claims, I hope he's right cos I don't want to banish him really.

normally a sensible poster.

unless weve been duped the last few years!

please not another @rascal

I like him buddy, no crush for that guy. Hopefully he will at least give us a hint

That's AGM day as well.

Yup which is why the club will announce a signing on that day, if i was really going for a place on the index i would reveal that the first architect renders will be shown also on that day ;)

IF i am correct i am proving beyond doubt just how laughably easy it can be to appear ITK when in fact i am absolutely clueless to anything going on

yes I'm with you @bluestevon does seem to be level headed normally, which makes my eye browse raise at his claims, I hope he's right cos I don't want to banish him really.

normally a sensible poster.

unless weve been duped the last few years!

please not another @rascal

Nah just it's agm day mate, educated guess - the fans aren't happy, they messed up a lot this year (understatement) so will do something right before it as a deflection technique

Yeah cant see a load getting brought in unless we get really lucky with the right people being available and with overloading somebody really rubbish for decent money.

a left back, a winger/wide forward, and a centre mid would be my guesses, last one could easily end up being a cb though depending on who becomes available and who we shift top raise money

I'm thinking perhaps we could unload Klassen, and that would enable us to bring in a player.

but we wouldn't be getting much of a player for the £12m we would get.

maybe a james Tomkins which has been mentioned earlier in the window

I'm thinking perhaps we could unload Klassen, and that would enable us to bring in a player.

but we wouldn't be getting much of a player for the £12m we would get.

maybe a james Tomkins which has been mentioned earlier in the window

Dont think the CB need is as big as it was, Williams and Jags both look like defenders again, Holgate looks a player, Keane is still crap, but meh and then Mori will be back "shortly", defo something to look at in the summer.

The Striker is done, think we will try and shift another 5-6 players then look to get a LB in, another Striker of some kind, MAYBE a Walcot type and somebody in the middle of the park if we can shift 2 of our current CMs.

Yeah cant see a load getting brought in unless we get really lucky with the right people being available and with overloading somebody really rubbish for decent money.
Tbh a CF (Tosun), a LB to take Baines spot, and a winger who can help us push up the pitch and score and assist is all we need now that we're out of all comps. Could do with offloading 2 or 3 CMs. I'd like Klassen to be given more than 4 months to prove and adapt like and I'd rather see Schniederlin and Besic (sorry Goat) leave, and Barkley has already gone. If Niasse goes it leaves us Sandro, DCL and Tosun up top and if Walcott comes in he can play there too. The squad actually looks balanced again after that.

Dont think the CB need is as big as it was, Williams and Jags both look like defenders again, Holgate looks a player, Keane is still crap, but meh and then Mori will be back "shortly", defo something to look at in the summer.

The Striker is done, think we will try and shirt another 5-6 players then look to get a LB in, another Striker of some kind, MAYBE a Walcot type and somebody in the middle of the park if we can shift 2 of our current CMs.

the squad definatly needs allardyc'ing abit i'll give you that.

he needs certain types of players to play his own brand of football.

I think this current lot is everything he wouldn't normally use.

Tbh a CF (Tosun), a LB to take Baines spot, and a winger who can help us push up the pitch and score and assist is all we need now that we're out of all comps. Could do with offloading 2 or 3 CMs. I'd like Klassen to be given more than 4 months to prove and adapt like and I'd rather see Schniederlin and Besic (sorry Goat) leave, and Barkley has already gone. If Niasse goes it leaves us Sandro, DCL and Tosun up top and if Walcott comes in he can play there too. The squad actually looks balanced again after that.

Besic is gone, ive made my peace with that.

the squad definatly needs allardyc'ing abit i'll give you that.

he needs certain types of players to play his own brand of football.

I think this current lot is everything he wouldn't normally use.

The squad needs major surgery all over the place, the Winter window isnt the time for such things, but can see some degree of a firesale, to clear some wages and off load some players who simply arent needed, the net spend bedwetters are gonna have a field day this window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back