Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paper never refuses ink. It's publicity.
Worked in the industry before. They would not take on a liability like that on a market like that. Remember once someone asked for 500 at 3/1 on one of them reality programmes. They refused the bet and still. cut the odds to even money.
Fair enough mate, I don't really care if I'm honest

That's why we will never get anywhere.... people preaching about patience.... every single transfer window... all we do is dilly dally.... while the other lot go out and sign top class players ready to go on the first day of the transfer window
We have done most of our business. The rest is just your usual fake news.

The squad needs major surgery all over the place, the Winter window isnt the time for such things, but can see some degree of a firesale, to clear some wages and off load some players who simply arent needed, the net spend bedwetters are gonna have a field day this window.
This makes sense if we are just playing for league places now after bowing out of the other three comps. There is little point in keeping a lot of fringe players on the books if we are not thinking about the longer term , development, squad rotation etc...
I do not like it but I can see why it might make sense to the feeble minds running our club.

This makes sense if we are just playing for league places now after bowing out of the other three comps. There is little point in keeping a lot of fringe players on the books if we are not thinking about the longer term , development, squad rotation etc...
I do not like it but I can see why it might make sense to the feeble minds running our club.

Mate we have 7-8 players who arent even making squads every week, are you suggesting we keep the likes of Sandro around the place on 100k+ a week? We pay Besic 40k a week to train? Im not the club and my mind isnt excessively feeble, but it makes total sense, as you say, with only pride left to play for, to NOT have a squad as big as ours.

Sam says we have 32 players in the first team squad, we can name 18 every week, 7 or 8 need punting on top of the 1s we have already punted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back