Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought we were after the big Croatian lad with the pony tail who plays in Russia, six months left on his contract and built like a wall
Vida? I thought the issue was that he already signed a pre-contract deal with Besiktas. He's a tough player, can play all across the back, and he'd help. But I would really like us to get a better option. Mix in another tall, good in the air CB, and I wouldn't have a heart attack on every set piece against us. Be nice to have another options for Sigurdsson, too.

Have to say that I agree somewhat. I mean I have never seen him play so cant say if he's good or not. But if you are desperate for a striker, have identified one , asked for a report or advice and the opinion you asked for says it's a no brainer... why wouldn't you sanction it

What about who's gonna go to make room for people?

For me: Besic, Mirallas, Schneiderlin, Klassen (loan), Sandro (loan). McCarthy may come good once over injury, if not he goes end of season.

Who else can we move on? This is not about having a go at players, just making room, like.

For me: Besic, Mirallas, Schneiderlin, Klassen (loan), Sandro (loan). McCarthy may come good once over injury, if not he goes end of season.

Who else can we move on? This is not about having a go at players, just making room, like.
This has been said about McCarthy every season of his Everton career, bar the first one. He's had every chance to prove he can maintain his fitness, and failed miserably. He should be the first out of the door but I'd be amazed if any club would offer actual money for him.

The other five you mentioned could all be realistic for loaning out, but none of them are in any kind of form so I wouldn't expect anyone to actually try buying them.

I know he's not scoring as many this season but Josh King would suit us perfectly. Add in Cresswell as a deal with Mirallas and Thomas Vermlean (sp) on loan till the end of the season and we will be sweet.

Why are we loaning Klaassen and Sandro out? Surely we should, you know, play them before we "get rid"?

Its difficult to put a finger on Outs for me, if we look at this squad list :

GK
Jordan Pickford*
Joel Robles
Maarten Stekelenburg

RB
Séamus Coleman [+]
Cuco Martina

LB
Leighton Baines*

CB
Michael Keane*
Ashley Williams*
Phil Jagielka*
Mason Holgate
Ramiro Funes Mori [+]

DM/CM/ACM
Morgan Schneiderlin*
Muhamed Bešić
Idrissa Gueye
Tom Davies
James McCarthy*
Ross Barkley*[+]

Davy Klaassen
Gylfi Þór Sigurðsson*

Wingers
Yannick Bolasie [+]

Ademola Lookman
Aaron Lennon*
Kevin Mirallas
Nikola Vlašić

Strikers
Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Sandro Ramírez
Wayne Rooney*

We clearly need a Striker, numbers wise and we also need a CB, quality wise.

If we can get rid of Mirallas, cos lets face it hes acted like a tw, he wouldnt need replacing.
If we can get rid of McCarthy, cos lets face it hes about as much use as a chocolate teapot, he wouldnt need replacing.

That would be it for now for me, major work will be needed in the Summer window, a World Cup window as well sadly, but for this next window I personally would be looking at the very least getting a ST and a CB in, anything else would be a bonus.

Why are we loaning Klaassen and Sandro out? Surely we should, you know, play them before we "get rid"?

Its difficult to put a finger on Outs for me, if we look at this squad list :

GK
Jordan Pickford*
Joel Robles
Maarten Stekelenburg

RB
Séamus Coleman [+]
Cuco Martina

LB
Leighton Baines*

CB
Michael Keane*
Ashley Williams*
Phil Jagielka*
Mason Holgate
Ramiro Funes Mori [+]

DM/CM/ACM
Morgan Schneiderlin*
Muhamed Bešić
Idrissa Gueye
Tom Davies
James McCarthy*
Ross Barkley*[+]

Davy Klaassen
Gylfi Þór Sigurðsson*

Wingers
Yannick Bolasie [+]

Ademola Lookman
Aaron Lennon*
Kevin Mirallas
Nikola Vlašić

Strikers
Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Sandro Ramírez
Wayne Rooney*

We clearly need a Striker, numbers wise and we also need a CB, quality wise.

If we can get rid of Mirallas, cos lets face it hes acted like a tw, he wouldnt need replacing.
If we can get rid of McCarthy, cos lets face it hes about as much use as a chocolate teapot, he wouldnt need replacing.

That would be it for now for me, major work will be needed in the Summer window, a World Cup window as well sadly, but for this next window I personally would be looking at the very least getting a ST and a CB in, anything else would be a bonus.

Beni and Niasse, chief?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back