January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garbutt not brought into first team set up and Robinson loan extended at Bolton. Martina playing 90 mins of every match since Baines injured.

Shocking. Anyone know when Baines is due back?

Love what Bainsey has done for our club, but he's 33 now.

We should have had cover signed for him in the summer.

Going into this season with a 33 year old left back and no cover in the squad, was IMO, a disgrace.

We were looking to possibly challenge the top 4.

We were looking for cup runs on three fronts.

With 1 left back and 3 unproven strikers.

In terms of left back is it true we can only register Garbutt on 31st? If so maybe we are waiting for that and give him the end of the season to prove his worth?

I posted this yesterday, and i stand by what i said.

Anybody still think we don't need a left back?

I know im banging on about the left back position but IMO the above issues stem from Cuco's inability in this position.

The goalkeeper and defence do not have a quick out ball to the left hand side because they simply don't trust him, there were times on Friday, Cuco was free down the left side when we had the ball centrally, and every time we looked for balls through the middle or looked to switch to the right.

Our left sided midfielder is obviously under instruction not not leave to bigger gap between himself and Cuco, therefore when we do look to attack, there is no left sided player breaking forward. This, straight away limits our options going forward.

Our team looks unbalanced because players are looking to cover Cuco, our central defence is being pulled left, our DM's therefore drop deeper to cover them.

When we are attacked down our right these issues don't arise because only the right sided midfielder need to cover, leaving our central defenders to defend centrally.

If you play players in their correct positions you stand a greater chance of winning football matches.

If you don't have the correct player for a position, you go and find one, or you sacrifice the whole balance of a team.

Simples.

Love what Bainsey has done for our club, but he's 33 now.

We should have had cover signed for him in the summer.

Going into this season with a 33 year old left back and no cover in the squad, was IMO, a disgrace.

We were looking to possibly challenge the top 4.

We were looking for cup runs on three fronts.

With 1 left back and 3 unproven strikers.

???

Not a huge amount to be fair. Won nothing at all while he has been here, he's essentially done as much as Bilyaletdinov

NSNO saying they have heard Vardy is due at FF tomorrow.

Cant see it myself, but think he would be good signing.
Leicester could sell Mahrez to RS.
No way they sell Vardy in the same window too.
That would mean they would have sold Kante, Drinkwater, Mahrez and Vardy since winning the league. Crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back