Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

St, lb, winger, CB. But I saw one report moshri is only offering 70m budget to silva (or any new manager). For that amount we are either going to get young players with potential (which we have enough of) or bog standard Premier league journeymen. Needs another 150m at least if we want to compete for top 6.

Hate to say this, but even if we don’t manage to fill any other position in this next transfer window, we need to offer Southampton the sky’s the limit for VVD and make him captain forthwith.

Just as important as a new manager IMHO.

We need 2 centre backs, left back, winger and striker minimum. All good enough to walk straight in and make the position theirs. We are miles off where we need to be.

Please see my previous posts on that donkey. Gone massively downhill after leaving Holland.
I haven't seen a lot of him unless he's played against us, but I think any defender being coached by Mark Hughes will go downhill fast. he's a better option than Williams or Jagielka too

Probably the most important window since the one where we signed Super Kev. And with the stadium in the pipeline, arguably the most important transfer window since they brought them in.

Hate to say this, but even if we don’t manage to fill any other position in this next transfer window, we need to offer Southampton the sky’s the limit for VVD and make him captain forthwith.

Just as important as a new manager IMHO.
Knowing us he'd get injured again. First game.

Hate all these "throw £50m at X shouts" for midtable PL players in their mid/late twenties.

We need to be signing players on the up who will add energy to our team.

It is OK signing the odd "peak value" player but it is terrible business in the long term. It is the exact trap the likes of Villa/Newcastle/Sunderland fell into. We need to be signing players at 18-24 and getting the best years of their careers, or selling at peak value. What we are doing is brainless, we'll get none of the Bolasie/Williams money back. We need 5 or so really good, high energy players who can be the mainstay of the side for years.

Timak, Nov 27, 2016Report

I think we can all agree the best course of action would be for the club to run any potential new signings past me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back