Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you mean marc bartra at dortmund, he is absolutely shocking. Got a move to dortmund based on who he played for, has no strength, gets pulled out of position and lets the ball go over his head so many times

Yes that was fella. Must admit ive not seen much of him recently, i dont watch the german league as much as i used too, since it was dropped from itv. That looks like a no then. I did say he would be a very very risky buy

My point was we need pace at the back. Like Holgate. Browning although not deemed by some good enough. Has a turn of pace. Thats what we need. Yobo and Distin a good few years back, even jags used to have a bit of pace. I feel this is what needs addresing next once Jags and Williams hang up there boots. Mori and Keane just dont have pace. There tall gangly centre backs. Who should win it in the air.

If I know big Sam. And I think we all do...Carroll it is.

Unless Mario Jardel or Nicolas Anelka are available.

Chris Wood (i wanted him in the summer ripped it up at leeds last year) Is a beast reminds me a bit of Viduka, but i think Viduka was better technically and Ben Mee at Burnley? Might help Michael Keane settle down more in defence?

Knockeart or Shaqiri for left wing, bring Garbutt back in the squad and look at a defensive mid and get proper goalie cover. maybe get butland or another keeper next year and really push Pickford on a couple of levels

Keane is plenty fast. Our bigger issue isn't pace, it's getting abused off set pieces. I would love ball playing CBs like Hoffenheim or Shaktar have, but that would require a complete overhaul of our entire system and team. We opted for Sam so we will have to wait for that.

Chris Wood (i wanted him in the summer ripped it up at leeds last year) Is a beast reminds me a bit of Viduka, but i think Viduka was better technically and Ben Mee at Burnley? Might help Michael Keane settle down more in defence?

Knockeart or Shaqiri for left wing, bring Garbutt back in the squad and look at a defensive mid and get proper goalie cover. maybe get butland or another keeper next year and really push Pickford on a couple of levels

Youre wumming in your last few posts or serious :o

Kevin Gamiero, Jermain Defoe, Christian Benteke and Lamine Kone in January.

Mirallas off to West Ham and Sandro off to Valencia.

I hope Klassen stays, because I think he has ability, but Turkish teams are interested in him, I doubt they can match his wages though

Kevin Gamiero, Jermain Defoe, Christian Benteke and Lamine Kone in January.

Mirallas off to West Ham and Sandro off to Valencia.

I hope Klassen stays, because I think he has ability, but Turkish teams are interested in him, I doubt they can match his wages though
Source?

If you mean marc bartra at dortmund, he is absolutely shocking. Got a move to dortmund based on who he played for, has no strength, gets pulled out of position and lets the ball go over his head so many times

He isn't shocking, but the problem was to start with, he was brought in to replace Mats Hummels, which is an impossible task, so he had huge pressure and unfair expectation on him from day one. He was poor first half of his first season, but did end up playing well till he got injured, then came back quite well.

He is very good on the ball, good passer, decent pace, and alongside an inform Sokratis is fine. Problem is this season every single one of our central defenders have been rubbish, and injured, and suspended, and then back to being rubbish again :p

You clearly watch a bit of ball mate, they wouldn't be popular picks but very very well observed. The three of them are playing very very well and have miles of head room in development. Wood trapped a ball last night and it stuck to his toe, he has a bit about him and his work rate is sublime, very vrey impressed with him.

Knockeart is quality, im surprised he hasn't been more productive so far but he will, Shaqiri is putting in his best PL stint, lovely player.

Personally i would look at the following:

Forwards: Wood, Dembelle, King, Wilson, Batshuayi.
Centre midfiled: Lewis Cook
Left Back: Daniels, Creswell
Cantre back: Hoedt at Southampton top defender.
Wings: Zaha, Richarlison.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back