Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missing out on Kolasinac (on a free as well) has basically destroyed our season

Koeman and Walsh were dead weird last summer really.

Saw we needed a left back, missed out on their left back choice...went in a huff and believed there were no others in world football.

Saw we needed a striker, missed out on their striker of choice....went in a huff and believed there were no other strikers in world football.

Why were/are they so weird?

Saw we needed a left back, missed out on their left back choice...went in a huff and believed there were no others in world football.

Saw we needed a striker, missed out on their striker of choice....went in a huff and believed there were no other strikers in world football.

Cos Walsh has never been in charge except at Newcastle for player recruitment mate, he just put forward a list of names for a proper dof to make the decisions on which players.

Kidman has previously worked with competent dof before when successful

You had two blokes making decisions on which players who previously have not had that role.

And we saw why.

Bertrand is 29 already and they'd charge about 40m, he's also currently injured isn't he? Evra is totally finished as well as banned for the year. Besides that great shouts lol

Is banned for the year? Didnt realise it was that long. As for totally finished thats a bold shout given what we've currently got.

Regarding Bertrand i dont think 29 is "that" old but agree that the fee would be extortionate.

So Sessegnon ot Tierney then?

Because it’s Everton, they can’t do anything right ever.

Shouldn't be signing anyone on a perm deal until we work out how we want to play.

I'd be loaning a left back and a passing centre midfielder as a matter of urgency.

Other than that sort out how we want to play (and I'd be recommending the same style every successful club in Europe plays), who we are getting to manage it (I'd be recommending Paolo Fonseca who is a realistic target and has a proven record of coaching it) and putting together a recruitment team to identify and push through deals.

Is banned for the year? Didnt realise it was that long. As for totally finished thats a bold shout given what we've currently got.

Regarding Bertrand i dont think 29 is "that" old but agree that the fee would be extortionate.

So Sessegnon ot Tierney then?

I'd be happy with Shaw tbh, probably more likely than either of the other two as well.

Shouldn't be signing anyone on a perm deal until we work out how we want to play.

I'd be loaning a left back and a passing centre midfielder as a matter of urgency.

Other than that sort out how we want to play (and I'd be recommending the same style every successful club in Europe plays), who we are getting to manage it (I'd be recommending Paolo Fonseca who is a realistic target and has a proven record of coaching it) and putting together a recruitment team to identify and push through deals.

And use shakhtar as a way of funneling Brazilian players two us ...

Got the feeling someone big will come for him though as think they may surprise Roma and reach the QF or even the semi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back