Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I struggle with this transfer window. Ambition or not our season is in effect over so why rush things or pay over odds if what or who we want isn’t available? Maybe we have deals being set up for the summer when it actually matters to us and won’t negatively impact other clubs who still need the players we want either for survival or potential silverware this season. Maybe we don’t want Sam buying more players if we’re planning a replacement already. If we still had anything more to play for this season I’d agree with you, but sadly we don’t.

Of course this is me thinking logically and that’s not what Everton do so they’re likely on different pages altogether.

Would a new potential manager/signings rather come to 7th placed Everton in the summer or one that finished 10th/11th.

Some of our fans easily forget how those 2 bottom half finishes under Martinez saw us lose out on targets to the likes of West Ham and Stoke who had finished above us (Payet, Shaqiri, Ogbonna) etc. We simply have to finish the season strongly.

Would a new potential manager/signings rather come to 7th placed Everton in the summer or one that finished 10th/11th.

Some of our fans easily forget how those 2 bottom half finishes under Martinez saw us lose out on targets to the likes of West Ham and Stoke who had finished above us (Payet, Shaqiri, Ogbonna) etc. We simply have to finish the season strongly.
A new manager would want to come to a club with resources at his disposal. Not players he had no say in signing. And frankly you nor I know what influenced players like Payet and Shaqiri to go elsewhere. I doubt their main motive was 2 places in the table from a previous season. We finished 7th last season and signed absolute dross for the most part.

A new manager would want to come to a club with resources at his disposal. Not players he had no say in signing. And frankly you nor I know what influenced players like Payet and Shaqiri to go elsewhere. I doubt their main motive was 2 places in the table from a previous season. We finished 7th last season and signed absolute dross for the most part.

I know what convinced them - both signed for clubs in and around the Europa league spot/best of the rest whilst we languished in the bottom half.

Your foolish if you think Alladyce is going anywhere in the summer - he has his mates in Walsh and half the back room staff/assistant coach, He's mates with the chairman and he'll see out his 18 months if we sign Walcott as he'll have spent near £50 million this window.

Get a LB and midfield dynamo in and get 7th and back into Europe next season rather than watching Martina, Morgan and whoever partners Holgate cost us points week after week.

I know what convinced them - both signed for clubs in and around the Europa league spot/best of the rest whilst we languished in the bottom half.

Your foolish if you think Alladyce is going anywhere in the summer - he has his mates in Walsh and half the back room staff/assistant coach, He's mates with the chairman and he'll see out his 18 months if we sign Walcott as he'll have spent near £50 million this window.

Get a LB and midfield dynamo in and get 7th and back into Europe next season rather than watching Martina, Morgan and whoever partners Holgate cost us points week after week.
You “know” what convinced them? Being around a Europa spot convinced them? That’s ridiculous. Payet was clearly nothing more than a mercenary. Shiqiri seemed to get a better pay pack at stoke.
And now is when we sign which left back and what midfield dynamo for anything other than ridiculous money?

We have spent, by rough calculations some 210 million pounds in the last 12 months.

We look way worse than we did a year ago.

That, even by our standards, is remarkable.

Steve Walsh is Moshiri's Rasputin.
We seem to be getting gradually worse and worse don't we? Only we can spend so much money on players and get it so so wrong

We seem to be getting gradually worse and worse don't we? Only we can spend so much money on players and get it so so wrong

That is serious wedge in world football. I doubt there are 15 teams who have done that.

We seem to be trying to be 1860 Munich.

There is a culture of inferiority and failure in our club. Mediocrity is the mortal enemy of excellence.

There are a lot of losers on and off the pitch who need shifting.

You “know” what convinced them? Being around a Europa spot convinced them? That’s ridiculous. Payet was clearly nothing more than a mercenary. Shiqiri seemed to get a better pay pack at stoke.
And now is when we sign which left back and what midfield dynamo for anything other than ridiculous money?

Tbf mate who cares how much we spend we spent £45 million on a bloke whos getting played out of position week in week out shielding a crap RB playing LB.

I want to see us win games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back