January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you ignore this season?

The point if I remember correctly was about winning trophies...and we aren't in any more comps other than the league.

Not if you see him contributing heavily over 2-3 more seasons. I'm not saying don't sign a LB, I'm just saying maybe they really want someone who isn't available until summer. We're not winning anything this season, and we're not going to fix every issue in this window. Having said that I want us to sign a LB.

Its a stopgap...until the kids come through.

It's what you do if you have an agenda.

If you ignore the next five years he's only got two years until he's 35! SELL, WASTE OF MONEY, GET OUT!

So because we cant win a trophy this season I have an agenda.

Good thinking.

He's dropped because of Philipp Max not because he's crap.

I know mate...so surely we should be after Max? Linked to Bernat of Bayern today...hes a player.

Chilwell is a left-sided Kenny and no one is gonna punt £40m on him. He's proper ordinary for me.

If Chilwell is like Kenny then 40mil would be decent. Kenny will be a starter and one of the best in the league in 2 seasons.

conveniently leave out the stats about baines' premier league record assists total. Nicely done zat.

Point taken ;) lol

To be honest I just got the numbers from wiki.

The point if I remember correctly was about winning trophies...and we aren't in any more comps other than the league.

Its a stopgap...until the kids come through.

So because we cant win a trophy this season I have an agenda.

Good thinking.

I know mate...so surely we should be after Max? Linked to Bernat of Bayern today...hes a player.

If Chilwell is like Kenny then 40mil would be decent. Kenny will be a starter and one of the best in the league in 2 seasons.

Point taken ;) lol

To be honest I just got the numbers from wiki.
Gotta love the way you want us to splash £40m on a wannabe Kenny .....lol

Davek's boy Kenedy is starting at LB, really Left Wingback, against Norwich in the cup replay. He's a complete son of a you know what. Terrible neck tatoos, pace, strength, relentless, already slapped someone and could've gotten sent off - the end product has been lacking a bit, but he's taken a corner or two and it's obvious he's got a cross in him.

Like to see him a bit more and he doesn't look as impressive as the lad from Bristol City in terms of single game appearances, but he looks pretty darn good. 21 years old.

Of course, this also means some stupid journo will be creating this rumor in the next 48 hours.

@davek

I liked him last season (I think) looked decent to me at left wing back...not sure if he can play full back though

Gotta love the way you want us to splash £40m on a wannabe Kenny .....lol

Both 21...both England u21s...both looking fine in the premier league...both have enormous potential.

If they reach their potential they could be England starting full backs...then with the fees going up each season what will they be worth in 2 years?

40mil++

Both 21...both England u21s...both looking fine in the premier league...both have enormous potential.

If they reach their potential they could be England starting full backs...then with the fees going up each season what will they be worth in 2 years?

40mil++
And if they are junk wannabees .It's £40m down the Swanee .......Happy days !

Max - Yep we should have but definitely won’t happen now.

Kenny - Nope. Okay PL defender for me.

We are linked to Vardy?

I dont even know what to say to that.

Im willing to listen to any ideas of why we are being linked to him. I like him quite a lot really. Im just baffled.

Bernat yes please, looked good when he was coming through for Valencia, thought he'd be another Alaba

Not sure how good he is at defending though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back