Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
..Coleman’s debut but my memory is useless. Despite the hammering I actually enjoyed that day in Lisbon.
Snap...went on my own and mucked in with a few small groups. That Benfica side was great....Di Maria, Cordoza, Luiz, Carvalho, Miereles....still got the blag programme they were flogging outside the airport

He has been at every other club he's played for. Last time I checked, Swansea plays the same clubs we do and he netted 9 and set up 13 last year. Does it at the international level, too. But yeah, it must be him.

Did he at Spurs mate?

I’m not sure if you watched him in his ‘preferred’ position today.

MUST GO
Williams (finished), Jagielka (finished), Martina (dog dirt), Schneiderlin (coward), Rooney (finished), Besic (not good enough), Stekelenberg (finished), Browning (not good enough), Galloway (not good enough), Garbutt (not good enough), Pennington (not good enough)

SHOULD GO
Bolasie (not good enough), Klaassen (not good enough), Sandro (not good enough), Baines (finished - but maybe ok for backup?)

NOT READY (but should stay)
Holgate (keep in squad), Kenny (keep in squad), Davies (keep in squad), Beningime (loan him out), DCL (loan him out), Dowell (loan him out)

LAST CHANCE SALOON
Sigurdsson (impress until end of season or be sold), Keane (impress until end of season or be sold)

CAN STAY
Mori (give him a chance after his injury), Niasse (has earned a place due to his goals-to-minutes ratio and attitude), Gueye (best of a bad bunch of midfielders), Vlasic (looks more ready than the other youngsters), Lookman (should be given more game time over Bolasie), Robles (good backup)

MUST STAY
Pickford (future England #1), Coleman (must be captain next season), Tosun (cannot be judged until next season), Walcott (a class above most of our players)

I make it fifteen players who I wouldn't bat an eyelid if they left, and only four who I definitely want us to keep in the first eleven right now.

MUST GO
Williams (finished), Jagielka (finished), Martina (dog dirt), Schneiderlin (coward), Rooney (finished), Besic (not good enough), Stekelenberg (finished), Browning (not good enough), Galloway (not good enough), Garbutt (not good enough), Pennington (not good enough)

SHOULD GO
Bolasie (not good enough), Klaassen (not good enough), Sandro (not good enough), Baines (finished - but maybe ok for backup?)

Holgate (keep in squad), Kenny (keep in squad), Davies (keep in squad), Beningime (loan him out), DCL (loan him out), Dowell (loan him out)

LAST CHANCE SALOON
Sigurdsson (impress until end of season or be sold), Keane (impress until end of season or be sold)

CAN STAY
Mori (give him a chance after his injury), Niasse (has earned a place due to his goals-to-minutes ratio and attitude), Gueye (best of a bad bunch of midfielders), Vlasic (looks more ready than the other youngsters), Lookman (should be given more game time over Bolasie), Robles (good backup)

MUST STAY
Pickford (future England #1), Coleman (must be captain next season), Tosun (cannot be judged until next season), Walcott (a class above most of our players)

I make it fifteen players who I wouldn't bat an eyelid if they left, and only four who I definitely want us to keep in the first eleven right now.

Oh mate.

Feel free to argue any points you disagree with.

Can't really see much wrong with your evaluation. Just shows you what a mess koeman and others to a much lesser extent left this club in

Other than pickford needs to quit palming easy to deal with shots directly back in to the danger zone as he does so frequently. At least 1 or 2 per match and it will start to cost us. Phillips should've scored today. I think he was just unprepared as the keeper put the ball back to him in the middle of the box, which should never happen. It's a major problem in his game and until it's fixed he is liable to costing us goals.

Can't really see much wrong with your evaluation. Just shows you what a mess koeman and others to a much lesser extent left this club in

Other than pickford needs to quit palming easy to deal with shots directly back in to the danger zone as he does so frequently. At least 1 or 2 per match and it will start to cost us. Phillips should've scored today. I think he was just unprepared as the keeper put the ball back to him in the middle of the box, which should never happen. It's a major problem in his game and until it's fixed he is liable to costing us goals.
Pickford has saved us plenty this season.
How about the distinct lack of any player closing down an opponent thats just about to pull the trigger.
Rondon's effort that hit the bar as an example.
Just look at the Newcastle game they hit the woodwork 3 times , not one player in any way blocking them shots.
We would be in a far worse position without Pickford.

MUST GO

SHOULD GO

LAST CHANCE SALOON

CAN STAY

MUST STAY

DAMO

MUST GO

SHOULD GO

LAST CHANCE SALOON

CAN STAY

MUST STAY

This all sounds errily similar to what the fella who sits next to me was saying during the game.

But without the fonts.

Pickford has saved us plenty this season.
How about the distinct lack of any player closing down an opponent thats just about to pull the trigger.
Rondon's effort that hit the bar as an example.
Just look at the Newcastle game they hit the woodwork 3 times , not one player in any way blocking them shots.
We would be in a far worse position without Pickford.

I agree partially he has saved us points and in general has been very good.

However I feel it is a major flaw in his game. It's a constant occurrence at least once a game. The covering player aspect is irrelevant as the example you have used is when the ball has beaten him and has come off the bar.

The example of my point today was him palming a standard shot back into the middle of the goal to Phillips who should've scored. It's happened almost every game this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back