Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy, haven’t been on this site for a few days as i was letting my fume from the weekend simmer down

Come to find the transfer window thread second from the bottom of the page

Uncanny how much this club has drained our energy this season i think it is the lowest we have collectively felt in my lifetime

That includes the walker era and the kenwright out blue union days

Reactions: ADT
Why aren't we in for Johnny Evans. Played well on the weekend.

And what about sturridge? I hated him at Liverpool which probably means he was OK. Seriously though he's more of a known quantity than tosun. Only 25m pounds.

Andre schurrle is available at half the wages with BVB paying the other half.

There's plenty of reasonable options out there.

And what about sturridge? I hated him at Liverpool which probably means he was OK. Seriously though he's more of a known quantity than tosun. Only 25m pounds.

Evans at like 30-35M is reasonable? Terrific defender, but come on.

And is Tosun bad? How would you know?

Doubt we would be in for another wide player, but I’ve always rated Schurrle he’s everything bolasie isn’t, scores goals, intelligent, composure around the box.
And doesn’t play football like he’s doing the river dance.

30M+ and legs made out of cheesestrings. Good on his day but he's always injured.

Evans at like 30-35M is reasonable? Terrific defender, but come on.

And is Tosun bad? How would you know?

I'd rather pay 30m for Evans than 75m for van dyke.

I didn't say tosun was bad but I think it's unreasonable to play him in a new league every game and set get goals almost every game.

..there’s a difference between being injured and thinking your injured.
giphy.gif

Doubt we would be in for another wide player, but I’ve always rated Schurrle he’s everything bolasie isn’t, scores goals, intelligent, composure around the box.

When he was at Chelsea I didn't rate him as highly as the other players because he would miss sitters all the time. But he has all the other attributes our current team lack at the moment, bit of creativity in the final third and also getting onto the end of things as well.

30M+ and legs made out of cheesestrings. Good on his day but he's always injured.

Yeah but you never know, sometimes a player goes through these things but are totally fine at other clubs. Sometimes it's just the way they are managed or the way they look after themselves.

Very true mate. It's embarrassing watching Bolasie dancing around like he's Ronaldo. Yannick, you're rubbish fella, start playing simple football or get yourself back to League Two you utter waste of space.

If the previously reported (read it somewhere) budget for jan is 70m then may only have funds for 1 more decent addition.
... I think most would say it’d have to be a LB?... problem is even if that happened then the defence will still always be compromised by not having someone in front of them willing to take the ball when under pressure.
Think a LB undoubtedly would help when we don’t have the ball, but a solid, confident DM would help out far more when we do have the ball...
Desperately hope we can get both as without them I cannot see much improvement happening... unless Schnides suddenly remembers its actually the Refs job to move around the pitch avoiding interfering with the ball.

We have been in for him. May still well be.

Complete crock.

Highly doubt Dortmund would be willing to pay half of Schurlle's wages if he moves to a PL club. Also, we need another winger why?

Crazy, haven’t been on this site for a few days as i was letting my fume from the weekend simmer down

Come to find the transfer window thread second from the bottom of the page

Uncanny how much this club has drained our energy this season i think it is the lowest we have collectively felt in my lifetime

That includes the walker era and the kenwright out blue union days

Most sensible thing on this forum form months. I swear by it too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back