Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team selections have been random all season. Vlasic suddenly gets a call up, whilst Lookman who changed the game at Anfield doesn't even make the match day squad. I imagine it's tough for young players to give their all when they know it doesn't matter if they play well, chances are they'll be dropped for an under performing player next week.

The reason he can't play a settled side is because of one problematic position we have.

He has to pick a side with at least one person given the role of covering Cockhead at left back,thus throwing the whole midfield out of balance.

Until we can rely on the left back to defend properly and support our left side when attacking, and let the rest of the players concentrate on their proper game, we will never have a settled side.

BUY A FCUKING LEFT BACK FFS.

Not sure about this mate. I haven't included McCarthy for obvious reasons and I don't think I've missed anybody out. Plus no problems with meeting the home grown quota.

So I reckon we currently have 21 players that need to be registered, 22 if you include Garbutt. That still leaves 3 places up for grabs.

Pickford
Robles
Stek

Coleman
Martina
Williams
Keane
Funes Mori
Jagielka
Baines

Schneiderlin
Besic
Geuye
Klaassen
Rooney
Sigardsson

Walcott
Bolasie
Sandro

Tosun
Niasse

Under 21
Holgate
Kenny
Davies
Baningime
Vlasic
Lookman
DCL

No idea to be honest. Just going off what Allardyce said. This was our official squad until this window.

Baines, Leighton John*
Barkley, Ross*
Besic, Muhamed
Bolasie, Yannick*
Byrne, Sam John*
Coleman, Seamus
Funes Mori, Jose Ramiro
Gueye, Idrissa Gana
Jagielka, Philip Nikodem*
Jones, Gethin Wynne*
Keane, Michael Vincent*
Klaassen, Davy
Lennon, Aaron*
Martina, Rhu-Endly Aurelio Jean-Carlo
McCarthy, James*
Mirallas Y Castillo, Kevin Antonio Joel Gislain
Niasse, Baye Oumar
Pickford, Jordan Lee*
Ramirez Castillo, Sandro
Robles Blazquez, Joel
Rooney, Wayne Mark*
Schneiderlin, Morgan*
Sigurdsson, Gylfi Thor*
Stekelenburg, Maarten
Williams, Ashley Errol*

So thats 3 out, 2 in (Walcott and Tosun) and Garbutt taking up the final spot.

Just jib Sam Byrne off. Is he even a thing?

The reason he can't play a settled side is because of one problematic position we have.

He has to pick a side with at least one person given the role of covering Cockhead at left back,thus throwing the whole midfield out of balance.

Until we can rely on the left back to defend properly and support our left side when attacking, and let the rest of the players concentrate on their proper game, we will never have a settled side.

Spot on.

The continued presence of the clown, unbalances the whole defence and almost cancels out the role of the player in front of him.

It`s 23 days into the window and we still haven`t got a left back.

HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE !!!!!!!!!!

TBH I think us going to that three at the back vs WBA is what started this whole mess in the first place :D
Possibly. Whether by design or pure luck, Unsy came up with a format and team selection that actually worked against West Ham. Allardyce followed suit for the next 4/5 games but apart from Liverpool the opposition were poor.

Problem is though, playing 2 DMs and Siggy on the left, all to cover for a very poor right footed left back, seriously unbalances the side. We got away with it against the poor teams plus it was only a matter of time before the opposition realised how poor Martina actually is at left back.

I think you may see a different 3 at the back if you had a left footed LWB rather than Martina.

I think its just tradition with us now, there will always be one obvious position that needs filling every transfer window..but we just wont bother

No idea to be honest. Just going off what Allardyce said. This was our official squad until this window.

Baines, Leighton John*
Barkley, Ross*
Besic, Muhamed
Bolasie, Yannick*
Byrne, Sam John*
Coleman, Seamus
Funes Mori, Jose Ramiro
Gueye, Idrissa Gana
Jagielka, Philip Nikodem*
Jones, Gethin Wynne*
Keane, Michael Vincent*
Klaassen, Davy
Lennon, Aaron*
Martina, Rhu-Endly Aurelio Jean-Carlo
McCarthy, James*
Mirallas Y Castillo, Kevin Antonio Joel Gislain
Niasse, Baye Oumar
Pickford, Jordan Lee*
Ramirez Castillo, Sandro
Robles Blazquez, Joel
Rooney, Wayne Mark*
Schneiderlin, Morgan*
Sigurdsson, Gylfi Thor*
Stekelenburg, Maarten
Williams, Ashley Errol*

So thats 3 out, 2 in (Walcott and Tosun) and Garbutt taking up the final spot.

Just jib Sam Byrne off. Is he even a thing?

Somehow you managed to miss Barkley off your outs list mate. Probably because it was under the radar eh?;)

Yeah Sam Byrne's hardly featured for the U23s this year so he can be binned. Also I can't see Macca even remotely being available again this season. So that gives us 3 spots even if we include Garbutt.

Spot on.

The continued presence of the clown, unbalances the whole defence and almost cancels out the role of the player in front of him.

It`s 23 days into the window and we still haven`t got a left back.

HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE !!!!!!!!!!

How often this season have we seen our playmaking £45M No10 covering the berk at left back.

How many times this season have our centre halves been out of position covering the berk at left back.

It is beyond believe that we can see we need a left back yet our esteemed DOF and manager are continually ignoring the situation.

Knock it off with the language eh?

I think its just tradition with us now, there will always be one obvious position that needs filling every transfer window..but we just wont bother
And sign more of another!

Wouldn't surprise me to see another 2 wingers come in this window for a laugh space can play them all over the place

Somehow you managed to miss Barkley off your outs list mate. Probably because it was under the radar eh?;)

Yeah Sam Byrne's hardly featured for the U23s this year so he can be binned. Also I can't see Macca even remotely being available again this season. So that gives us 3 spots even if we include Garbutt.

Oh yeah...him.

Well Byrne should be binned yeah but he is still in the squad I suppose. I don't know how it works with injured players. Why would Mori have been included, or Coleman come to think of it as they had no chance of coming back before January either. Lennon only went today so that may explain the delay.

And there is still the issue with Baines. I dont think the managers (all of them so far this season) see him as being as finished as some of our fans do. He should be back soon enough so it will be a hard sell to bring someone in at the risk of them being jibbed off for Baines in a few weeks time.

Would you not rather we signed an actual left back? You're saying that as if Martina and Kenedy are the only 2 options

Or is it because he's the only left sided player you've heard that doesn't already play for Everton?
What? :Blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back