Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pro

Probably on Unsworth’s recommondation
He got taken off at HT tonight
Didn't see the game tonight as I was watching our U23s. But you almost sound pleased with yourself.

Personally, I'm not overly surprised that Walsh, a 20 year old new signing playing in only his second full game for a championship club, failed to impress against a full strength Man City, far and away the best team in England, and arguably possibly the best club team in the world right now. If you seriously believe that him being substituted at half time tonight justifies our selling him, without giving him one opportunity in the first team, then maybe football isn't the game for you my friend.

So the one player we needed in the summer after selling our only one was a striker. We bought 4 number 10s instead.

This window we needed 2 players, a left back and a striker. We sign the striker no problem, then don't sign the left back and sign another winger instead.

Does anyone at board level actually watch us? No-one could have looked at the team August and think we would be ok without a striker and same as now, no-one can look at Martina and think we will be fine for a left back now?!

Again I say what was the point in signing Walcott? If we aren't going to play to his strengths then what was the point? It's just yet another random player in the squad that doesn't fit with the others under a manager who doesn't play attacking football anyway.

Just stupid decision after stupid decision. Paul Lambert signed a left back within a day or two of going to stoke. Guarantee that lad no matter how average is better than martina. So can we seriously say we can't find a left back, even on loan for a few months as cover but stoke can?

I suppose a winger in a hoofball team was more important eh

Didn't see the game tonight as I was watching our U23s. But you almost sound pleased with yourself.

Personally, I'm not overly surprised that Walsh, a 20 year old new signing playing in only his second full game for a championship club, failed to impress against a full strength Man City, far and away the best team in England, and arguably possibly the best club team in the world right now. If you seriously believe that him being substituted at half time tonight justifies our selling him, without giving him one opportunity in the first team, then maybe football isn't the game for you my friend.

Are you Liam Walsh's uncle? You get awfully distressed when people aren't crying over his sale.

Moyes has a heck of an eye for a player in fairness, can see them over taking us making shrewd signings if we continue to put money imto the hands of clueless people like Walsh and Sam.

So the one player we needed in the summer after selling our only one was a striker. We bought 4 number 10s instead.

This window we needed 2 players, a left back and a striker. We sign the striker no problem, then don't sign the left back and sign another winger instead.

Does anyone at board level actually watch us? No-one could have looked at the team August and think we would be ok without a striker and same as now, no-one can look at Martina and think we will be fine for a left back now?!

Again I say what was the point in signing Walcott? If we aren't going to play to his strengths then what was the point? It's just yet another random player in the squad that doesn't fit with the others under a manager who doesn't play attacking football anyway.

Just stupid decision after stupid decision. Paul Lambert signed a left back within a day or two of going to stoke. Guarantee that lad no matter how average is better than martina. So can we seriously say we can't find a left back, even on loan for a few months as cover but stoke can?

I suppose a winger in a hoofball team was more important eh
Walcott is probably our best signing in the last year though.

Walcott is probably our best signing in the last year though.
He is mate I agree.

But where does he fit In? That's the point, he doesn't fit into the team because of the rest of them. And we aren't getting rid of some of them anytime soon so it's a mismatched player.

We could sign Ronaldo but play siggurdson Rooney and klassen behind him and he doesn't fit . There is no effort to make a team that fits, just keep signing players and hope they click in some way despite the manager. Considering the amounts spent it is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back